Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought I'd see if any locals are interested in playing around a bit Thursday night. I'm going to meet up with 84socal to hand off a part he wants. Just a good excuse for a little after work fun.

If you live in the area, and have not been back on these roads, it is well worth a visit. There are a couple of play areas on the side of the road, but nothing special. I personally just like to drive back into the National Forest area.

Will meet at about 7:30 pm or so (Whenever Justin gets out of work) and will meet at the intersection of Trabuco Canyon Road & Trabuco Creek Road:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...6,-117.585061&spn=0.009966,0.015192&z=16&om=1

Let me know if you plan to come so we will know to wait around for you or not.

-Wayne

·
Registered
431 Posts
i go there pretty often .. im not sure about tomorrow after work though. I'll repost later and leet you guys know.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Well sounds like you and i are pretty close .. are you hitting any places this weekend? Let me know man im up for a wheelin trip for sure.. a 1 day thing

·
Registered
431 Posts
They were open 2 months ago ... There's not much to them other than driving up them .. You interested in Cleghorn? Azusa? Something else?

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
They were open 2 months ago ... There's not much to them other than driving up them .. You interested in Cleghorn? Azusa? Something else?
I think I'm going azusa. I don't like the mud much. I just go out there and play with the BIIIIIG rock field pretty fun. and do some trails.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
I'm over the mud as well .. i like the hill climbs and just to watch really.
ya.... i was going to go to gorman with friends (never been there before) but i don't if it still happening. if not azusa Sunday to play on rocks and trails I guess

·
Registered
946 Posts
My friend owns most of the property and all those little trails off the side of the main road. He has a very loud PA system setup at his house which overlooks that whole area and its really fun to yell crazy stuff at people "trespassing" on his land. If your interested in wheeling down the river bed or somthing without being hassled let me know and I can tell him you guys will be coming.

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My friend owns most of the property and all those little trails off the side of the main road. He has a very loud PA system setup at his house which overlooks that whole area and its really fun to yell crazy stuff at people "trespassing" on his land. If your interested in wheeling down the river bed or somthing without being hassled let me know and I can tell him you guys will be coming.
YES!!! I don't have a rig that is good for the river bed right now, but will gladly tag along with others doing it. This is a very fun boulder field to play around in, especially for the local area!!

I probably ran into your friend many years ago when we did a little night run down the boulder field. We were having a grand time until we heard a bunch of noise behind us. It was a shot gun wielding local that had just fallen on some rocks and banged himself up pretty good. Seems he was running towards us in the dark. We lent him a hand and chatted a bit and he suggested we get out before the cops catch us. Actually a nice guy considering.. On the way out we ran into another local with the same message.

-Wayne

·
Registered
431 Posts
YES!!! I don't have a rig that is good for the river bed right now, but will gladly tag along with others doing it. This is a very fun boulder field to play around in, especially for the local area!!

I probably ran into your friend many years ago when we did a little night run down the boulder field. We were having a grand time until we heard a bunch of noise behind us. It was a shot gun wielding local that had just fallen on some rocks and banged himself up pretty good. Seems he was running towards us in the dark. We lent him a hand and chatted a bit and he suggested we get out before the cops catch us. Actually a nice guy considering.. On the way out we ran into another local with the same message.

-Wayne
It's funny you say that because a few years back we had the same issue with lots of the locals coming out of thier houses to let us know we need to leave but i have been alot over the past several months and no one has said anything.

if anyone decides to go up there let me know i might meet up

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's funny you say that because a few years back we had the same issue with lots of the locals coming out of thier houses to let us know we need to leave but i have been alot over the past several months and no one has said anything.

if anyone decides to go up there let me know i might meet up
I play nice over there these days, but the section he is talking about is very close to the private property and some housing. I think the right side of the road where most people play is owned by Edison..??

·
Registered
946 Posts
His name is steve and he owns the big house on the hill that overlooks the little trails on the right side of trabuco creek road. He has about 300 acres out there. Super cool guy but alot of people abuse that land and leave trash and drive off the trail running over the bushes and stuff so sometimes we have to crack down and kick people out. Dont take it personally if he kicks you off, its just hard to tell who is gonna be respectful of his land and who isnt. The big river bed by his house has some good sized boulders for some rock crawling. Like I said if you want to make a trip out there let me know what kinda trucks you will be in and I can let him know. I may even join you.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts