Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is a 1989, diesel Ute, table top, well it had big homeless sides, but they were removed last night straight after i got it home, it is pretty beat.... Alloy tray, 6 cylinder 2H motor, 5 speed, dunno if there is much else to say.

But its my new tow rig. :flipoff2:

4.0L Diesel, extractors, 330,000 Kilometres, it feels strong, but blows smoke, there is some tiny seeping from the gearbox and it needs a new front axle seal. I am thinking about a different 4.0L toyota motor to put into it. :D :flipoff2: (Got Lexus) :flipoff2:

Or a better diesel, but for the time being and probably a while after that, it will do me fine...
Some pics for the curious!

(Wish I could have afforded a F-250, 7.3L turbo diesel V8....)

Oh and I wanna fit air conditioning, as I have never had aircon, but my mates car does and its a COOOL thing to have. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is it for now, the interior is okay, but full "tradesman style" lots of sun damage and tearing of the vinyl.

I paid around two/thirds of retail, for this jigger, it is a 7/88 model, and im pretty stoked with it.

I am putting 35s on it soon too.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes the headboard is bent, yes it has a CD Player (replacing with mp3 player)

the body has lots of dints and really really needs a paint job.

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It has a name, its name is George...

And I have that stupid george of the jungle song stuck in my head now :rolleyes: :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
NICE!:flipoff2:

US American's would kill to be so lucky:flipoff2:

Can you ship me one?

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what... nobody likes it?? :mad:

(Oh youse wouldnt want this one, it needs a lot of work and parts would be $$ over there, but over here its pretty cheap going) :D :flipoff2:

·
Metal-tech'in
1,588 Posts
Nice! Gorge looks great! You would be mad styling state side in that thing towing your yellow beast.

Keep us posted on it as you get it set up to tow!

Mark

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Question

Picked up a term, correct me if I am wrong. Is a motor head in Australia is called a Bogen?

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bogan?

sorta more like a ******* I would hazard a guess.... in fact, I have an essay on that somewhere...

I will be painting it a better colour as 99% of them are mining pack white :D

TREEROOT help me with a pimp blue colour!! :D

·
Registered
17,121 Posts
i dig it. especially the name. ;)

but the damn steering wheel is on the wrong side. you got jipped!!!:flipoff2:

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
BLING BLING BJ looks cool i alway liked theo there a COOL red on in the ARB adds over hear .... but i'll stay with my 60 ;) i should get my 2 free 6.2 diesels after xmas .... they both run too :D convertion time

·
Registered
101 Posts
I bought a 75 too last weekend. It`s -87 BJ-75 troopie. 3B, 5 speed, factory cable lockers and PTO winch:D It is not as good shape as BJ`s, theres quite a lot of rust in the body, but frame is good. It is running OK, some minor things to do like bushings, shocks and heater is not working. Best part is that i got it quite cheap. It is going to be my DD and light 4wheeler with 33-12.5 MT/R`s (which i got yesterday). I was supposed to buy ready-to-go cruiser this time, but i`m in the middle of rust project again...:mad: :flipoff2: (to myself!)
Mikko

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey guys, thanks for the kind words, the pictures do this thing no justice it is rough as all get out!!

full beaten within an inch of its life!

hey crawlin i might have found you a hj47 to buy. check your PMs!

I will get a few other pics.

Treeroot, I want a really REALLY bright blue and a styleside tray :(

here is the blue i want, and a styleside with a hard top.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
BJ On Roids said:
It is a 1989, diesel Ute, table top, well it had big homeless sides, but they were removed last night straight after i got it home, it is pretty beat.... Alloy tray, 6 cylinder 2H motor, 5 speed, dunno if there is much else to say.

But its my new tow rig. :flipoff2:

4.0L Diesel, extractors, 330,000 Kilometres, it feels strong, but blows smoke, there is some tiny seeping from the gearbox and it needs a new front axle seal. I am thinking about a different 4.0L toyota motor to put into it. :D :flipoff2: (Got Lexus) :flipoff2:

Or a better diesel, but for the time being and probably a while after that, it will do me fine...
Some pics for the curious!

(Wish I could have afforded a F-250, 7.3L turbo diesel V8....)

Oh and I wanna fit air conditioning, as I have never had aircon, but my mates car does and its a COOOL thing to have. :D
Blowing blue or black, could be your injectors or maybe the pump if its black. If its blue your gonna need a rebuild or replacement engine.

The 2H is a good engine, from what I have heard it is the only diesel in that engine family without skirt cooling. This would make it not the greatest engine to turbo but overall a good engine.

Hows about one of those 12HTs with direct injection and factory turb, there has to be a couple of those laying around in Oz?

Great truck, guys here in Canada pick them up from the mine once they have been beaten 2 inchs past there life.

Looks good, I would if you could keep it toyota diesel.

Rob
www.raddcruisers.ca

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hey Rob, I don't know how well it will do towing. Last night I drove an almost empty HJ75 up an 8% grade and I could only manage 20-25 mph. The pedal was floored in 3rd gear at 3000 rpm. This was at pretty much sea level (50 ft elevation).

Frustrated, I turned back home and got my petrol SUV. Drove up the same grade at 70 mph.

Dave

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Was that with a 2H?

Thats pretty bad, we just did a full rebuild on a 2H and I pulled my 2600pound camper up a severe hill and managed to pull 3rd gear and gaining. Without the camper we hit fourth and kept gainging.

To give you a idea of the hill, it closes when it snows.

Sounds like the engine may have some issues?

Rob

1 - 20 of 36 Posts