Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys thought id finaly post up wats been goin on in the shed for the last 2 years lol, got a heap of pics so ill let them do the talkin!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

onto the front end as of today, hood trimmed up and lower shock mounts tacked in, the diff is way foward and the top of the shocks will be on the front corners of the hood, so gotta try work out how to make it look half decent..

any ?s flame away :grinpimp:

·
Registered
632 Posts
could of bought an atlas after you went through that light t-case..

FJ60 housing are great, especially that 9"+ ring and ctr pinion..

looking good..

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
ive built a couple other zuks, but they have been street regoed, this my first attempt at sumthin like this, as for an atlas i havent got the dollars for 1 of them to be landed here, plus i dont think its needed,all the fab work for the transfers was done by myself at work so it didnt cost me anythn!, all the brackets i fabbed up cut out my self, aint got acess to a laser cutter lol.
some specs that i can remember,
105-106"? wheelbase
1.6 injected vitara
3spd gm auto (early vitara)
choped vitara transfer
sierra transfer with 6.5 gears
fj60 diffs , 4.11 ratio i think,with arb lockers
37" bfg stickies
trail gear beadlock alloys
longs up front, drive flanges
poly perf rear axle shafts
psc 2.5" ram and res
14" x 2.5" foas up front, 16" in the rear
4" foa bumps up front
beard seats
tri 4 link front and rear 6061 ali with 3/4 , 7/8 qa1 rod ends,
1 3/4 tube, got 3 stiks left!
still need a few more things like rad and springs, got another week of work so most of the fab work should be done, and thanks for the comments:D

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
had a go at it today, bit of a pain in the ass, goin to be a bitch to finish weld up against the tub but u get that, still got more bracing and crap to go in, dont no if ill need gussets on the hoops or not.

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
were you working off plans for the doubler, or just figuring as you went along?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
flexed her up, no binding on the shocks at all, only on the front shaft at the centre bearing , added sum more tube on the front and a place for the cheapo chinese winch when it gets here then spent most of the day welding the front end up, got to notch the front bar to take the bumps and shorten the stroke on the bumps to 2", then next is the gussets and sume more tube around the place then thats the cage pretty much done.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts