Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
not much to show today, 99% of the cage work is done and welded :D , added sum extra tube down the sides of the seats, and now comes all the fiddly shit that should be fun!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
been busy doin other shit, got some more work done, front chassis notched for cans and welded in, rear cans done and welded aswell thats it for this weekend i think, need sum rest time :D

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
so bought a winch of ebay and wasnt happy with it, had helicoils in the housing for the main hold down bolts, ended up shortening my 6000 warn winch and rebuilt and re greased while i was at it, made up the mounting bracket and did the 2 front recovery points aswell.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
did some work on the under carriage bash plates bolted on , sorted out the shifter aswell had to mod the tranny housing slightly, steering shaft cut to length and quick relaese welded on, also welded bearing mount in position for the colum.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
squeezed the roof into shape last weekend, that was a bit of a mission:mad3:, started the dash aswell:smokin:

·
Registered
88 Posts
i see a big screw up in this build. hate to point out any flaws, but the steering wheel is on the wrong side.:rolleyes:

so far this is one of the most amazing buggy builds Ive seen so far. you're quite the artist.

id give up my left nut to own the equipment you are using on this build. i wouldn't know how to use any of it, but it would look cool sitting in my garage.... :smokin:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
fuked around with the psc pump eventually got the pulley on, was tight a s fuk :mad3: , started stickin guages and shit in the dash, still needs to be wired up. found a crack in the exhaust manifold, got a free replacement, but its from a manual not an auto, so tossin up now weather to get extractors or not :confused:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
well decided no to fuk around with the standard exhaust manifold, was cheaper and easier to make a set of extractors. also got the diffs sandblasted, and they are ready for painting.

might be a bit noisy :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dunno about the welds on those extractors, they look like there going to crack to me :flipoff2:

JK they look real good and i thought you were up north??

21 - 40 of 48 Posts