Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some help and would appreciate some suggestions from you guys - I'm about to come to the US for a couple of weeks holiday and am looking to squeeze in as many comps as possible.

Jellico:
I am currently arriving in Nashville in the evening Wednesday 2 July and need to be back there Monday night.
Need to work out how to get to the event - am I best to hire a car? Also where to stay?

Hannibal:
Arriving St Louis 4:30pm on Friday 11 July and departing 11:30am Sunday 12 July, again any suggestions on transport / accomodation?

Donner:
Arriving Reno 3pm Friday 18 July, dept lunchtime monday.
Have sent an email to the lodge reccomended in the thread in this forum, so probably will stay there. Need to get from Reno to the site.

So if anyone is going to these events and has a spare seat or any spare accom i'd be really keen to hear from you - obviously i'd pay my way and would definately return favours when you guys come down to visit us should the Worlds happen down under. As I'm travelling alone looking to minimise the cost of hiring cars for just one person

Thanks
Ben

Sydney Rock Crawlerz
WERock and OZRock Unlimited competitor.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Hey buddy. Go rent a car. You will have to go east to get to Jellico. Watch out for road construction in Knoxville. Jellico to Nashville will be around 4 hours. You need to book a room in Jellico.

Jellico Motel
Jellico, TN 37762
(423) 784-7211
More Info

Days Inns Jellico
US Highway 25 At I-7
Jellico, TN 37762
(423) 784-7281

Budget Host Inn
Caryville, TN 37714
(423) 562-9595
More Info

Lakeview Inn
Caryville, TN 37714
(423) 562-9456
More Info

Super 8 Cove Lake
200 John McGhee Blvd
Caryville, TN 37714-3157
(423) 562-8476

Comfort Inn
335 Howard Baker Hwy
Pioneer, TN 37847-3908
(423) 566-4400

Feel free to hit me up when you arrive and we'll show you good hospitality around Jellico.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
If you want you can stay with us in our RV and Trailer at Hannibal you're more than welcome, we'll have plenty of room. Also our team cook will be making the trip so there will be lots of good eats. We're not going threw Nashville so we would not be able to pick you up though. Let me know if you're interested.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You're more than welcome to crash in our trailer at Donner. I'm sure we could feed you and we're always looking for another team member.
Sounds awesome!

You need to book a room in Jellico.
Which one of these is best or is there a W.E.Rock reccomended place?
Will definately catch up for a beer over the weekend.

Are you interested in driving a Pro-Mod at Donner?
Hell yes - PM sent!

If you want you can stay with us in our RV and Trailer at Hannibal you're more than welcome, we'll have plenty of room. Also our team cook will be making the trip so there will be lots of good eats. We're not going threw Nashville so we would not be able to pick you up though. Let me know if you're interested.
Sounds great! for the hannibal event I am flying into St Louis - does that work with anyone?

Thanks heaps everyone for the help so far, really looking forward to hanging out with everyone!
Ben

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
W.E.ROCK recommends the Jellico Motel, that will be headquaters for the week, we get in on the monday before. Let's talk at Jellico, about the rest of your trip and Donner....

Big Rich

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
You're more than welcome to crash in our trailer at Donner. I'm sure we could feed you and we're always looking for another team member.

I'm sure we have some common friends if you know any of those blokes that came up for Worlds in '06 :flipoff2:

Regardless, look me up

Dave
Dave make sure you look after him. He is also a competitor here in the Australian W.E.Rock series.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thanks guys,
Unfortunately my flights are hard to change ($$$) so I am stuck with flying out Sunday, but I don't see why I couldn't stay and party Saturday night...

Anyone know if the Jellico Motel has email / website? I have googled but no luck... otherwise i will call them tomorrow

·
Registered
30 Posts

I'm sure we have some common friends if you know any of those blokes that came up for Worlds in '06 :flipoff2:

Regardless, look me up

Dave
Napsta, Dave Cole is an awsume guy .He looked after us well while we were over there and was very jenerous letting us borrow and brake his bucket of bolts:D

To all you Yanks
Napsta is a good bloke treat him to a great time like you did for as
Dave Camp

·
Registered
527 Posts
Here's some info on the Jellico Motel:

3. Jellico Motel (423) 784-7211
181 Douglas Lane
Jellico, TN 37762
Check In: 2:00 p.m. Check Out: 11:00 a.m
Trailer Friendly Small Pets Allowed
All rooms are equipped with Cable Television with Cinemax; air conditioning; 24-hour front desk; no smoking rooms; free parking; outdoor pool; restaurant. Very convenient to I-75.

I wish that us locals could get you to and from the event, but the from part would be a problem, with Rrock on Sunday. If you can score a ride back to the airport, I'm sure we can get you to Hannibal.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Napsta, Dave Cole is an awsume guy .He looked after us well while we were over there and was very jenerous letting us borrow and brake his bucket of bolts:D

To all you Yanks
Napsta is a good bloke treat him to a great time like you did for as
Dave Camp
I don't think that will be a problem there Dave. So when you coming back across the pond?

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok, I am booked into the Jellico Motel. Will be renting a car Thursday morning in Nashville and driving accross, going back Monday.

·
Premium Member
9,335 Posts
Thats just mean guys, tell the man to go to the Jellico Motel with NO WARNING at all.... Well at least there will be stories to tell!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I don't think that will be a problem there Dave. So when you coming back across the pond?
Not soon enough, i'd love to get back over there and do some more travelling around but a serious lack of coin is preventing any suck trips.I had a blast while we were in the states with you guys and would kill to catch up with all you guys again, i'd love the chance to compete against you all again aswell and hopefully settles some scores :flipoff2:

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
I'll be able to get you from the airport in Reno to the comp site on Friday afternoon. I should be in Reno by 3:30-4:00.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts