Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Vendor
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a C6 behind my bigblock and right now am running a b&m pro rachet shifter and it sucks! When i need to shift to reverse from first i have to shift the damn thing so many times it's making my right arm HUGE!!! I want to be able to shift through the gears so at some point can save me from a rollover:shaking:

Let's hear what you've got,
how you like it,
maybe a link where i can get one.
hell maybe if you've even got one u want to part with!
Thanks Brenden

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
i kind of copied the high rise deal that lokar has. mine sucks, im savin up to get one of theres. should be easy to go from 1st to R

·
thhhpptthh!
46,717 Posts
on redbulls recomendation, gonna make my own.

for purchase - art carr 100%

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Had a Lokar in my old truck and loved it. Went through the gears quick and easy.

·
Vendor
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you have a tranny mounted one?
Anyone ever make their own. $250+ seems a little high for a shifter?

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Yes it was a tranny mount one, but for the price to me it was worth it.

·
Vendor
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do they make a reverse pattern for a c-6?? That would make it like P-R-N-1-2-3

Dan

that would be sweet! but does that have to do with the valve body? Or could just a shifter take care of that? Brenden

·
Premium Member
2,582 Posts
Can't one use a universal shifter and simply fine tune the cable input?

I'm looking for a reverse pattern P - R - N - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 for my ZF..haven't found one yet...

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
that would be sweet! but does that have to do with the valve body? Or could just a shifter take care of that? Brenden
Yes You will need a Valve body and shifter. Also it will lose the auto shift function, meaning you will have to move the shifter for all gears.

I also am a fan of the winters shifter

Heres the valve body.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=TCI-421000&N=700+0&autoview=sku

Heres the shifter

http://www.wintersperformance.com/catalogs/SideWinder/index.htm

Dan

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Art Carr (winters) does have one available in reverse pattern for the C6. Not sure if it's a custom application or not, but it's what one of my friends has in his racer.

It's super smooth, and it's easy to slip it between the gears at speed. Compression braking rocks.

The Lokar shifters are kind of delicate in my experience. Fine for a hot rod, not OK for all the excitement in rock crawling. Get wound up and excited, you're likely to tear one in half.

·
Registered
11,471 Posts
Hurst Quarter Stick, minor custom work (ground out an interlock, had to make a cable anchor at the tranny, welded up the tranny actuation arm layout a bit) and with a reverse manual valvebody.

Once it's in Reverse, if I pull back, it'll go all the way to 2; from anywhere but Park, all I do is shove forward and get Reverse. I have to use the secondary lever to get into Park or 3.

Not bad (IMHO) for about $160ish. But because it's possible to just shove for Reverse, it's not exactly ideal for street driving or newbie drivers.

·
Vendor
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ha my first shifter was a pair of vice grips on my way to the rubicon... going up ice house i tried shifting to 3rd, but went past 3rd and neutral right into reverse doing about 40... DAMN scary. shifted that thing fast back down.

anyways, here is what my b&m shifter looks like after browns valley a few months back! B&M wouldn't even warranty the part for me, $70 something + shipping.... gaytown!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts