Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 86 blazer with a 350 and 700r4 and i want to convert it to manual with a sm465, i need a list of parts that i need, thanx

·
Registered
240 Posts
Do a search.
If you cant find anything go to a dealer parts dept. and have them print out a schematic of a 4 speed set-up.That year truck came with a 465 as an option.I ended up getting most of the little things from them and the price wasnt to bad .Just check the parts houses and compare $.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
35 Posts
You need a 465 with NP208 for the correct year of your truck. I am not sure if those years use a hyd. clutch or not, if they do you will have to find the hyd. parts or find a old truck and put in a manual clutch set up. You could convert is to 465 and 205 while you were at it.

Bellhousing
clutch pedals
flywheel with proper lenght flywheel bolts
clutch kit
new hump in the floor with hole for the trans shifter or cut a hole in your current one.
Proper length driveshafts unless they happen to be the same lenght as the 700R4 + 208 combo, which I doubt.

·
Registered
262 Posts
86_Blazer... Where are you in CA? My dad has a SM465/NP205 combo, with everything to convert to a 3 pedal set-up (pedals, linkages, etc.). He was gonna convert his 77 K20, but never got around to it. PM me if you want his phone #.

·
Premium Member
3,265 Posts
An 86 has a hydraulic clutch. Slave cyllinder is like 20 bucks at Advance and master cyllinder is about the same. Hydraulic line is a dealer part. Pedals from non hydro trucks need to be "adapted." Like they said u need to find a 465-208 combo. I find that its easier to use the hydro bellhousing and hydro clutch. good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts