Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well now that i have my charging problem fixed...i think. i took the jeep for a spin. the new vortec runs good and has lots of power in first but just as soon as the 4L80E shifts to 2nd the motor falls flat on it's face and starts dieseling!!!! i did take the tranny to a guy to swap the tail shaft out so i could used the aa adapter for my d300 and i think he may have put the thing back together wrong. i am auto tranny ignorant (obviously, i took it to someone else to swap the shaft) so what does this sound like? also when it is in od the tranny will only shift into like 3rd and it will go ahead and shift to 4th when in 1st???? i think this guy really screwed up.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
to tell you the truth i don't know. being i didn't notice anything that ould make me think tv cable when i took it out of the truck and installed it in the jeep i doubt it. they are electronically controlled so i can' decide if it has something to do with that or not. it tries to shift but when i goes into secon that is when it seems that the motor just tries to die.

·
Registered
7,069 Posts
4L80E The E means that it is electronically shifted. There is a reluctor ring internal to the tranny that tells the computer the speed of the tranny for shifting. Not sure if this is the problem but it could be.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i doubt it is the reluctor ring because it shifts when it is supposed to but when it does it almost seems as if it is shifting into the wrong gear. like it is going from first to 3rd or maybe even od.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts