Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had the wonderful experience of losing all their auto tranny fluid (yes.... I'm running an auto tranny in my Yota :flipoff2: I'm lazy) out in the middle of no where when the line comes off the radiator and then realize they have no tranny fluid with them? If you answered yes to that question what did you use to get your ass home?!?! Just curious. Or what might you use in this situation if it happened to you? Power steering fluid got my ass home:D
I'm gonna drop the pan this week and see how things look.

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
Has anyone had the wonderful experience of losing all their auto tranny fluid (yes.... I'm running an auto tranny in my Yota :flipoff2: I'm lazy) out in the middle of no where when the line comes off the radiator and then realize they have no tranny fluid with them? If you answered yes to that question what did you use to get your ass home?!?! Just curious. Or what might you use in this situation if it happened to you? Power steering fluid got my ass home:D
I'm gonna drop the pan this week and see how things look.
Say good bye to ALL your seals VERY soon

Basically your trany is now shit if you put p/s fluid in it....

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you read the FSM you would know that you are supposed to use ATF in the power steering, not PS fluid.:flipoff2:
Sadly just before this happened I kinda had to go poop and I guess I left the TP at home with the ATF so all I had to use the FSM to wipe my ass (I'm not man enough to use my hand) :flipoff2:

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Say good bye to ALL your seals VERY soon

Basically your trany is now shit if you put p/s fluid in it....
Yeah..... thats what I figured. Oh well, this was its last run before it was going to get torn apart and the drivetrain was going to be sacraficed to my new build. Time for a stick and dual cases:D Darn.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Helll I ran 30wt motor oil in a C4 once to get me home and never swapped it out fro quite some time, but then it was a ford tranny, probably can handle shiat like that better then a toy tranny :flipoff2::laughing::laughing::evil:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts