Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stupid question time.

Does a Scout II equipped with a 727 use the same length front driveshaft as one equipped with a T19?

(Or I suppose the better way to ask would be, can I use my auto-equipped parts rig to mock up the driveline angles that I'll be using on my T19 equipped driver? Or do I need to compensate for for/aft adjustment of the transfer case?)

·
Registered
589 Posts
can't answer that really, but you could measure the front bellhousing edge to the transfer case flange on both and that might answer your question. i think the stick will be longer though.

·
Registered
6,864 Posts
Sully said:
Stupid question time.

Does a Scout II equipped with a 727 use the same length front driveshaft as one equipped with a T19?

(Or I suppose the better way to ask would be, can I use my auto-equipped parts rig to mock up the driveline angles that I'll be using on my T19 equipped driver? Or do I need to compensate for for/aft adjustment of the transfer case?)
IIRC the d/shaft on the auto is longer.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
The 727 combo is about 1" longer overall.

That means the rear shaft is ~1" shorter, front ~1" longer.

When I went SOA, I used a 4spd rear 'shaft in the back, and a 727/D30 front shaft up front (727/D44, SOA).

·
Registered
14,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tsm1mt said:
The 727 combo is about 1" longer overall.

That means the rear shaft is ~1" shorter, front ~1" longer.

When I went SOA, I used a 4spd rear 'shaft in the back, and a 727/D30 front shaft up front (727/D44, SOA).

Cool, so that ought to be pretty much close enough for government work to mock up my drivelines.

'Specially since the T-case is already gone and I was using a slab of cardboard with a can duct taped to it to simulate the placement of the front output. I can just use a longer can. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts