Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright Gurus,

filled up the ol' tank and shortly thereafter my check engine light came on and stayed on, this is accompanied by the maint light flashig exactly 10 times and then shutting off. this is a 98 Accord 4dr lx sedan, 69,000mi the almighty Haynes manual says that I need an OBD II scanner to retrive the trouble codes,I have no access to one such scanner, also since the trouble light has come on the car refuses to take gas from the nozzle at all but the slowest rate and shuts off the nozzle frequently.

any help here would be hot.. seems like I might have a jammed vent or something else, anybody seen anything like this?

·
Premium Member
7,489 Posts
Seems to me like you already know where to look. OBDII is very picky about EVAP systems, and you may have screwed up the fill pipe somehow. Take the damn thing apart, and see what is wrong. Or take it to a shop where a professinal can fix it.

BTW what the Fawk does this have to do with Hardcore wheelin'??? After you read this, delete the post, and log on to a Honda Website:flipoff2:

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
1: check your gas cap...make sure it's tight.. I'm not kidding.
2: go to the local Auto store (kragen out there?) they normally pull codes for free...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts