Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.avalancheohvranch.com/homepg.htm

Steve Rumore has opened this OHV park on his 800 acres near Ignacio, CO. My question is, why would I spend the money in an area that is all BLM and USFS land, with Chokecherry and the Rock Garden right here? His grand opening is 28-29th, I figure I'll check it out for free, but pay to wheel in the four corners?

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
landuseorc said:
but pay to wheel in the four corners?
That's kinda what I was thinking, but I think it has its place. I'm not against it, I just probably won't visit a whole lot. Altho I am curious if it's all Sniper/Assassin type terrain, or if there's stuff for "mildly" modded rigs............and actual trails. I prefer to be going somewhere rather than just hanging out at a playground all day.

·
Registered
11,471 Posts
As I read the writeup, there's both private property with much variation in terrain, and access to public property from the same area.

So I agree, why pay to 'wheel on public lands.

However, I got the impression (I haven't been there) from the website that some of the trails on the private property, are specifically "groomed" for their extremity, which may or may not be readily available/accessible in the area.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I am sure that some PBB member that goes to the openig will give us all a report on the Avalanche Ranch and what it offers. Looking forward to that report. :)

·
Registered
19,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nobody20 said:
I am sure that some PBB member that goes to the openig will give us all a report on the Avalanche Ranch and what it offers. Looking forward to that report. :)
Just talked to Steve's wife, they're going to show me around this weekend, I'll give you guys a brief report and there will be a full article with pics in the Oct. 1 Off-Road.com.:D

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Thanks, Brad. :)

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
I think this is smart thinking. Access to public lands will CONTINUE to decrease, and one day, in the not-so-distant-future, almost all wheeling will have to take place in private land....

As long as they can hold enough competitions there to carry them through the next few years, it's only a matter of time.

·
Registered
19,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
landuseorc said:
http://www.avalancheohvranch.com/homepg.htm

Steve Rumore has opened this OHV park on his 800 acres near Ignacio, CO. My question is, why would I spend the money in an area that is all BLM and USFS land, with Chokecherry and the Rock Garden right here? His grand opening is 28-29th, I figure I'll check it out for free, but pay to wheel in the four corners?
The questions I posed are exactly what I hope to answer with a visit there. Yes, land is getting closed all the time, and I fear that will only get much worse here with the new RMP for the BLM in the final stages. I'm thinking the MX tracks could be the key to their success, but we'll see.
Basically, what I 'm hoping to be able to say after seeing their setup is, "Pay to wheel in the Four Corners? HELL YES! "

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
20 bucks to wheel from 8A.M. to sundown? holy hell!

-Scott

1 - 13 of 13 Posts