Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Crap,

I just got done rebuilding my AW4 and installing it back in the Jeep. My problem now is that I don't seem to have a Neutral or a Reverse! The shaft stops turning in Reverse but it won't go backwards. Does anyone have any ideas as to what is wrong or things I could check?

Thanks
Dean

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, No neutral

If you put the shifter in N the output continues to spin like it's in 4th gear. I've tried to stop it with my hand thinking it was free spinning but its not.

Dean

·
Registered
11,647 Posts
When you go forward does it seem like it's starting in 1st? And when you put it together did you perform all the tests with compressed air and do the feeler guage checks on the clutch packs?

Page 6 shows which sections of the tranny are enguaged for each gear. Once you figure out what gear you seem to be in going forward it might shed some light on which section may be messed up.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, I did'nt do the air checks when I was putting it together. Although I'll probably wish that I did. I haven't installed the driveline yet so far I'm just watching the output on the T case. However if you use the shifter to run through the D-3 & 1,2 slots the shaft slows down in the lower holes so at least the thing seems to be shifting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts