Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
I've never seen a method to attach the AW4 to a SBC, but anything can be done with enough time, money and inginuity. You could use an AMC 360, it bolts up to those.

I don't recall the exact length, but it's very close to 1" longer than the AX-15 if that helps...

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Would it be possible to use an old jeep bellhousing of some kind to adapt the two?

I'm officialy blaming this idea on you Brett... you and your automatic/manual ideas are seeping into my head.. :shaking:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know alot of the early Jeep bellhousing were one make/bolt pattern on one side... and another makes bolt pattern on the other...

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The problem is I can get a decent AW4 for alot cheaper than a 700R4, especialy since all I can find are the weak early models of the TH700R4 :(

does anyone know if the shafts would even have the right spline counts? (regardless of the bellhousing bolt patterens?)

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
kury said:
The problem is I can get a decent AW4 for alot cheaper than a 700R4, especialy since all I can find are the weak early models of the TH700R4 :(

does anyone know if the shafts would even have the right spline counts? (regardless of the bellhousing bolt patterens?)
well what part of ID are you in??? :flipoff2:

·
Registered
331 Posts
I think AA has an adaptor to go AMC to GM.The 2 bolt pattern trans you mentioned is a panhead,its AMC only.

OlyWa

1 - 14 of 14 Posts