Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
AWESOME '98XJ F/S Trade, '99 Suburban also! PICS!!!

Hate to do this, but priorities have changed...... :(

1998 Jeep Cherokee (XJ) Sport 4-Door, Moss Green, Gray Cloth Interior
4.0, A/T, A/C, P/S, P/B, Tilt, Cruise, P/W, PDL's, AM/FM CD (7 speaker)
Overhead console w/ Temp Guage, Compass etc..

* 47K miles
* 9" lift, Front - Skyjacker 8" coils w/ 1.5" spacers
Rear - Big-Offroad (Alcan) 6" leafs (6" plus 350#) w/ RE
1.25" shackles
* Pro-Comp ES 9000 Shocks
* Clayton Long-Arms
* 35" MTR's (95%) Would fit 37's!

Lift, shocks, long-arms, tires all less that 10 months (2K miles) old!
* Safari Snorkel
* K&N Air Filter
* Borla Cat-back Exhaust
* Tera-lo 4 to 1 kit
* Axles - Front - H/P Dana 30 w/ 4.88's, ARB, Diff guard
Rear - Dynatrac Dana 44 (Discs) w/ 4.88's, ARB,
Diff Guard
* Tranfer case, Gas Tank Skids
* M.O.R.E. Steering Box Brace
* Heavy Duty (V-8 ZJ) Tie Rod
* JKS Quicker Disconnects
* ARB Front Bumper w/ Warn 9000 Winch, Pro-Comp Off-Road Lights
* Trailready Swing-Away Rear Bumper w/ 33" Swamper Spare, 5# Power
Tank, Gas Can
* JP Products Rock Rails
* Custom Front Fender/Flare Protector Bars (mount b/t bumper/rock rails)
* Custom Rear Fender/Flare Protector Bars (Swing-Away & Removeable)
* TJ Flares (Rear) all around
* Diamond-plated sides (Painted to match)
* Custom Hood Vent
* Custom Heavy-Duty/Low Profile Rack
* Tinted Windows
* Optima Blue Top Battery
* Tom Wood Drive Shaft/ SLE Kit
* Cobra CB
* Husky Mats
* Dog/Cargo Partition
* High-Lift Jack
* Herculined Bumpers, Lower Body

Probably more...... This Jeep is adult owned and not abused. Has done the entire Rubicon twice with no mechanical problems, but was used mostly on easy/moderate trails. Garaged and maintained! Rides great enough to use as a daily driver, then load up the family and gear and tackle whatever trail you want to, in comfort and style!

Asking 16K OBO OR......

Trade (maybe even Jeep plus cash) for a late model, Stock(ish) 3/4 to 1 Ton, low mileage Full-size 4x4 Extended/Crew, Short Bed, Auto. Sorry - No Dually!

Also have a '99 Chevy Suburban LT 1500 4x4 that I'm willing to trade (maybe Suburban plus cash) for the above type pick-up. Suburban is Pewter w/ two-tone gray), Gray leather, 67K Miles, loaded. Stock except for aluminum wheels and Rancho RS 9000 (9-way) shocks.

Would also consider trading BOTH (XJ and Suburban) for the above type pick-up with a Cab-Over Camper. Both would have to be in great shape.

Have pics to e-mail and should have them on this post in the next day or two.

Located in the Sacramento Area.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
pics..

Bryan,

Here's those pics!

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Wow that's 1 heck of an xj you have there. I have a 91' on 35's as well with an arb dana 30 and a dana 44 with a detroit in the rear, warn 8000i winch, rock sliders, etc. I love it and the xj really is a very under rated vehicle for doing tougher trails like the Rubicon or Fordyce. Mine does those trails pretty easily. Try sticking your rig on NAXJA.com (North American XJ Assoc) and putting it in the "For Sale" & Sierra Chapter sections. Hope you sell it, it looks good.

I like your Herculined front bumper. I'm thinking of doing that to mine. Does it hold up to rocks getting friendly with it? :D I was also thinking of doing that to the rock sliders, but worried that I will constantly need to touch it up after scraping them. I head stories that although Herculiner is good, it's not made to be constantly scraped over rocks as the sliders do.
Troy

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the compliments! The Herculiner won't protect from major rock scrapes, but they're easy enough to touch-up with a little brush. A quart can of Herculiner goes a long ways!

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
I remember that jeep. More importantly I remember when my green 97 looked that clean. Sorry to see you are selling it, Bryan. Getting out of 4 wheeling?

This is an awesome family wheeler. The original owner put about $20K into it (on top of the price of the rig). Well worth the $16K.

take care.

SeanP

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Sean! Heard you've really built your XJ up!

Too many cars right now (5-daughter just stared driving also.) XJ just sits in the garage - only 10K miles the last 3 plus years! We want to sell the XJ and Suburban, then get a P/U and cabover camper. After that, I'll pick up a built/beater 4x4 that I'm not so concerned about denting :grinpimp: .

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
Bryant said:
Hey Sean! Heard you've really built your XJ up!

Too many cars right now (5-daughter just stared driving also.) XJ just sits in the garage - only 10K miles the last 3 plus years! We want to sell the XJ and Suburban, then get a P/U and cabover camper. After that, I'll pick up a built/beater 4x4 that I'm not so concerned about denting :grinpimp: .
Yeah, my rig has gone thru some iterations since you last saw it. 60, atlas, 38s, cage, blah blah blah. Still have that CB you sold me, tho. I started a metal fab business and had a daughter last year and don't have much time or funds for wheeling myself. I am considering selling my XJ and building a tube buggy next year.

I would take your rig, get a few helium balloons tied to the roof rack and park it with a For Sale sign in a high traffic zone. It will attract a buyer.

SeanP

·
Registered
261 Posts
too bad mines a Dually, and yer in Cali. just a bit far from Canada lol

bump for one beauuuuutiful jeep

·
Registered
22 Posts
Again that is a beautiful jeep i only have a 4 banger nissan truck but would you be interested in a cruser motorcycle? honda valkyrie?

·
Registered
914 Posts
I'll trade you my 2004 ext. cab Z71 w/ 5k miles in perfect condition for your XJ + cash. It can tow up to 9k just fine, its got all the stuff you'd need limited slip, HD tranny cooler, tow package, etc.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
cawesome, thanks for the offer but I'm not looking for a M/C right now.

XJ4THEKICKIN, you have a P/M.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts