Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up an AX-15 for a swap in my XJ. I noticed the seal around the shifter that snaps around the shifter housing on the tranny was shot. I didn't want to get water and dust into the tranny so I got one to replace it.

The problem lies in how to get the shifter arm apart to get the seal on. I removed the shifter arm from the tranny easily by pressing down and rotating the collar around the shifter arm, thinking the seal could be slipped on from the bottom....wrong.

As it turns out, it seems that the shifter arm has to be taken apart at the vibration isolator about half way up the arm. The manual shows a set screw or such in the side holding the arm together. Guess what....no set screw on this unit. Has anyone got any experience in getting the vibration isolator apart. I really would like to do it in a way so that it is reusable if possible.

My blood pressure is getting up there and a bfh is starting to be a possibility.

Tom Houston
Loveland, Colorado

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No body ever done this????????

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked with my dealer mechanic buddy and he said use the bfh and it worked. You just have to press the vibration cushion apart.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts