Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone make a billet flange for a 04 ford SD axel. Jess at High Angle says I need a new flange to go with his DS to stop the vibration:mad3: The stock one supposedly has runout and I don't want to take a chance on getting another stock one that could also have runout.It is for a 04 excursion with a 4" lift.

Thanks, Cary

N

·
0 Posts
If he sold you the DS, he could have either included one, or balanced the DS before he sent it to you.

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Well, you didn't need a new shaft for only four inches of lift, but it's your money. Either way, with only that short a lift, something is wrong with the driveshaft, not the flange. (Sorry Jess) I'd take the shaft and have it balanced then try again. If that doesn't work, put the stock one back in. And make sure that the shaft is phased, it will make a huge difference in vibration.

·
Premium Member
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had a small anount of vibration with the stock shaft....read everything and the solution was a CV by Jess. I got it and found out that I needed to adjust the pinion so I ordered new blocks and that helped. I tried the DS 180* out and that helped a little but its still worse than with the stock shaft. Talked to Jess and he said that its the flange 99% of the time.
The shaft is ballanced and Jess has offered to personally check the ballance-runnout if I send it back. Of coarse that will put down the X for a week or two. I am just covering my butt by trying to find a new flange. I can't see how it could be the flange but what the **** do I know.

Cary

1 - 4 of 4 Posts