Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is going to be the first one on here to get the Axial YETI? Just saw a pic of it, not very much info on it.

Im wondering how good it will do in the rock.

·
Registered
14,457 Posts

Well, they're still saying "available soon" so I doubt anyone is getting one just yet...

·
Registered
8,979 Posts
Looks like a real "rock racer"...compared to what they call the Wraith/PS rigs.....

Damn..haven't heard about this on RcCrawler....I want one..but I still need to finish my 1/8 truggy project......plus this thing will be on back order forever...might have to drive up to RC Country Hobbies in Sac..bet they will have a few

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Looks like a real "rock racer"...compared to what they call the Wraith/PS rigs.....

Damn..haven't heard about this on RcCrawler....
There is already a new forum in the scale section of RCcrawler.

I want one too. Hopefully they release a kit version because I would like to build something next.

·
Registered
8,979 Posts
There is already a new forum in the scale section of RCcrawler.

I want one too. Hopefully they release a kit version because I would like to build something next.
RTR's that came out as kits took like 3 months min before releasing kits.
I know how they are built so i dont care kit or rtr..im just payin extra for some mediocre electronics....and the "alu" hopups ...who cares..

I'm thinking of trying to scrounge money up to pre order on Tower...but idk..$429 plus shipping...thats a chunk of change...another $100 i can get the 1/8 Flux truggy i want....

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
pre order through RCplanet.com and its free shipping. i've got 5 cars now as is plus building an actual IBEX...... but man i'm super happy with all my axial cars (AX10 and exo terra) just might break down and add this to the collection. annybody interested in a hyper 10sc??:laughing:

·
Registered
8,979 Posts
Seriously.
I need an ESC for my 24" Geico. I need a Mamba Monster 2 kit for my Ten SCT/Truggy conversion. I need some RRP gears for my ECX Ruckus.....I need BMRC ifs kit for my Wraith plus a Roc412 and a ESC..

looks like im not gettin a Yeti anytime sooookn

·
Registered
956 Posts
I preordered the YETI a couple days ago. Should be available mid July. The Twin hammers has been great, this can only be better.

I have the perfect place for a shakedown run.

·
Registered
956 Posts
MNorby, I have been ordering from RPP Hobby for quite a long time. Customer service is beyond great. They seriously have one of the best, if not the best, reputation in the business. I can order Friday and have it at my door Monday from Cali to Ohio. One thing I like is, when I call, it's usually the owner of the business who answers the phone. And the Salvage Yard is great.

·
Registered
223 Posts

I am stoked that Team Brown boxed a Yeti and dropped it off at the door step!

Bring it awn, Mother Nature!

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
well how is it?? pics ?

·
Premium Member
5,761 Posts
I'm wondering how good it will do in the rocks.
I wonder how well it will crawl.....
I know there is more to crawling in the rocks than low gearing, but the Hi-Lo gear box should help. I hope it is remote operated, and shift on the fly. I'm imagining that this feature will be included on one of their future releases like they've down with the other models.
Axial Racing - Yeti™ 1/10th Scale Electric 4WD - RTR
HI-LO TRANSMISSION
The Axial Hi-Lo transmission was specifically designed for the Yeti chassis. With all metal internal gears, this full ball bearing transmission has the strength to endure the harshest rock racing environment and brushless power. The factory gearbox comes as a single speed with the high gear installed for high speed fun. The integrated motor mount features a wide range of movement for endless gearing options. Optional two-speed transmission component sold separately.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Funny how this comes out and its like everyone forgot how the Exo liked to munch the diffs and had mediocre hinge pin designs, and chuck dogbones. I see an Exo front end, and I think I'll pass.

I have a Wraith and it regularly destroys the ring/pinion and front wheel bearings at a top speed of 15mph. If I get six hours of use out of them, I'm doing pretty good.

I cannot see the ancient (originally designed for an AX-10 in 2007 IIRC) axle platform supporting high speed jumping very well from a maintenance standpoint.

And the front and rear is different width, so your basically stuck with Vanquish style wheels.

Sure it looks killer, but I just don't feel that it's up to the task.

Ok, everyone tell me I'm wrong now.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
I love the EXO. I beat the crap out of mine, yeah the front bumper is smashed in but that was from a head on collision otherwise nothing is really broken. I'll get a YETI soon enough. I just wish the EXO was easier to work on. No offense but sounds like builder error on your part.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts