Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres the deal... on my Z71 solid axle swap,,,i need to have a 32.5in. spring eye to spring eye spring pad mount. on the f100 dana 44 axle im using,,,it has no spring mounts. so i bought some. but when i placed the pads on the axle,,,the drivers side mount is 1/2in off due to the axle housing. this would mean that my axle would be offset to the drivers side 1/2in. will this hurt anything? will it track true down the road? in this case,my spring eye holes will be at 33in. couldnt my springs bend out a lil to accomadate this?

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
I would definatly want it centered! I would gring into the housing to get it over another 1/4" and then move the other side out 1/4", the springs could move out that much easy.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
I would probably try to build it centered too, but it is fairly common to see lifted trucks withthe front axle off center. Pretty much anything lifted or lowered with a track bar or panhard bar will shift the axle over unless the bar or brackets are modified. Look at about any lifted Bronco for an example. Also lots of people force the springs apart 1/2 inch or so, that appears to work OK now.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Actually it will push it out 1/4" to the passenger side, which really isn't that much. Just an idea, but isn't there enough bushing on your springs that you could shave some on the outside both front and rear, then put a spacer on the inside? It wouldn't center the axle any better, but the spings would stand up straight.

·
Registered
700 Posts
That's what I kept saying.
How about this idea... weld some 1/2" plate on top, offset to go over the housing and drill a new center hole.

He said it's just going to be a street cruiser anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts