Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some dimensions from a Waggy rear 44. Specifically these dimensions of the axle shaft. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Sure spent a lot of time making the pic, not much collecting Data so we can help you out. How about a YEAR? Don't have that get the BOM.

Just and FYI from 67-77 Dana lists 10 different axle shafts for the rear Dana 44.

Edit --> That 10 is just for the Wag!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mr.N said:
Sure spent a lot of time making the pic, not much collecting Data so we can help you out. How about a YEAR? Don't have that get the BOM.

Just and FYI from 67-77 Dana lists 10 different axle shafts for the rear Dana 44.

Edit --> That 10 is just for the Wag!
Actually no, I only spent about 10 minutes with Solidworks.

Gee, I thought posting a question on here was considered collected data, I guess next time I'll wade through every junk yard in a 500 mile radius before I post here. It should be blatantly obvious from my post that I don't have the axle, or else I'd have measured myself. If I don't have the axle, then I certainly don't have the BOM or the date of manufacture. Thanks for the little tidbit about the different shafts, care to share where that information came from? It certainly wasn't from dana.com/expert.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
:rolleyes: With that attitude your not getting your answer.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ms.n said:
With that attitude your not getting your answer.:crybaby:
Actually, with my attitude I already got the answer on another board:shaking:

Thanks anyway. I'm sure your 'god-like' intellect will come in handy for something else.:p

PS Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Ok, please show me the way; I am just a young grasshopper to your infinite Dana wisdom. I bow at your greater intellect and am humbled by your presents. Your’re the new wine skins to my old, the free sovereign in this backwards forum. I can only hope you stay so we may gain from your quick and precise knowledge (or was that graphical skills.)

What has your other board (JU? my guess) come up with for an answer?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mr.N said:
Ok, please show me the way; I am just a young grasshopper to your infinite Dana wisdom. I bow at your greater intellect and am humbled by your presents. Your’re the new wine skins to my old, the free sovereign in this backwards forum. I can only hope you stay so we may gain from your quick and precise knowledge (or was that graphical skills.)

What has your other board (JU? my guess) come up with for an answer?
If that isn't pot calling the kettle black. I'm not the self proclaimed Dana expert that you purport to be. Sure, I'll show you the way: don't be a self righteous prick. Although Gay-U has an encyclopedic knowledge of chrome and Dana 35 tech (I'm sure you troll over there to glean the latest tidbits), that wasn't my source. Actually, someone over on 4x4wire happened to have an axle in their garage they were working on.:flipoff2:

·
Registered
171 Posts
You do realize that Waggy's came with both centered and off-set rear 44's. No idea on the years for each, but that right there makes it impossible to answer your question accurately, unless someone actually knew the dimensions of all 3 shafts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
XJ Sean said:
You do realize that Waggy's came with both centered and off-set rear 44's. No idea on the years for each, but that right there makes it impossible to answer your question accurately, unless someone actually knew the dimensions of all 3 shafts
Sean,

I have done some research on Waggy's, but I wasn't asking for any specific year, just an example of what one axle's shafts might be. I didn't expect just one person to answer my question, but I am looking for any information that anyone is willing to share. I have the front 44 out of an 87, but not a matching rear. I do have a TJ rear 44 though.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
TealJay said:
Gee, I thought posting a question on here was considered collected data, I guess next time I'll wade through every junk yard in a 500 mile radius before I post here. It should be blatantly obvious from my post that I don't have the axle, or else I'd have measured myself.
He didn't ask you to measure the axle dumbass. He asked you to be more specific about which version of a 44 axle you needed a dimension for. There were several, including some that were offset more than others (those with Quadratrac up to '79). You also didn't specify whether you needed right or left measurements (they aren't the same) or both! A simple reply about the specifics you needed, like a range of years, would have sufficed. Instead you got this holier than thou attitude because you probably don't have a clue that there are differences. I wonder how accurate the answer you received is. The bottom line is Mr. N tried to help and you were an asshole about it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
CSP said:

He didn't ask you to measure the axle dumbass. He asked you to be more specific about which version of a 44 axle you needed a dimension for. There were several, including some that were offset more than others (those with Quadratrac up to '79). You also didn't specify whether you needed right or left measurements (they aren't the same) or both! A simple reply about the specifics you needed, like a range of years, would have sufficed. Instead you got this holier than thou attitude because you probably don't have a clue that there are differences. I wonder how accurate the answer you received is. The bottom line is Mr. N tried to help and you were an asshole about it.
You should really look in the mirror before you start calling people dumbasses. Since you have trouble with reading comprehension, I'l clarify it for you. I didn't particulary care for his remark in his original response, nor his holier than thou attitude. I wouldn't expect a web wheeler like you to understand.

·
Registered
200 Posts
:rolleyes:

Can't decide what you sound more like, a couple of old women or a couple of little kids.

Is the dickswinging contest over yet? Jesus Christ...

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Personally I think it's kinda funny. TealJay got his panties all up in a wad because someone asked him to be more specific. Now they're still in a wad because us "web wheelers" point out the deficiency in his original request.

BTW TealJay, welcome newbie! Now go call the waaaahhhmbulance.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
CSP said:
Personally I think it's kinda funny. TealJay got his panties all up in a wad because someone asked him to be more specific. Now they're still in a wad because us "web wheelers" point out the deficiency in his original request.

BTW TealJay, welcome newbie! Now go call the waaaahhhmbulance.
Well, you know what they say about simple minds being easily amused. Going by your reading comprehension skills, I'd say calling you simple is a compliment.

BTW, I wouldn't know anything about panties in a bunch, but I'll ask your old lady next time I see her.

And you are a web wheeler. Calling me a newbie because you've been padding your post count in Chit Chat, or because you registered here after me.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
I can read just fine as well as comprehend. I completely understand how you took Mr. N's comment like you did. The fact is that he was prodding you for more info and instead of being able to read into that, you got bent out of shape. Like I've already said, if you had mentioned what year Waggie (or range of years) and what side shaft you wanted in the first place, this pissing match wouldn't be happening. BTW, search for my name in "chit chat". You'll come up empty handed. I do spend lots of time here when it's too damn cold to be in the garage working. So sue me! It's my choice and post counts don't mean a damn thing.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Hey TealJay

It this simple, your post was getting old, no one was responding. It was just about to fall off from view with no information. I responded, forcing your post to the top, even gave you some data to search on. (BOM, every Dana axle has one but I'm guessing you didn't even search like a typical web wheeler)
Your respond back with attitude. Funny how you'll waste 10 minutes on drawing something but not 10 minutes using the
or looking at your axle.

You've made a good name for yourself; I know I'll always remember your name.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
CSP said:
I can read just fine as well as comprehend. I completely understand how you took Mr. N's comment like you did. The fact is that he was prodding you for more info and instead of being able to read into that, you got bent out of shape. Like I've already said, if you had mentioned what year Waggie (or range of years) and what side shaft you wanted in the first place, this pissing match wouldn't be happening. BTW, search for my name in "chit chat". You'll come up empty handed. I do spend lots of time here when it's too damn cold to be in the garage working. So sue me! It's my choice and post counts don't mean a damn thing.
Why are you defending him, are you his girlfriend? It's so special that you're sticking up for your man. This is getting old, and I already have the information.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mr.N said:
Hey TealJay

It this simple, your post was getting old, no one was responding. It was just about to fall off from view with no information. I responded, forcing your post to the top, even gave you some data to search on. (BOM, every Dana axle has one but I'm guessing you didn't even search like a typical web wheeler)
Your respond back with attitude. Funny how you'll waste 10 minutes on drawing something but not 10 minutes using the
or looking at your axle.

You've made a good name for yourself; I know I'll always remember your name.
First, go fawk yourself. Keep spewing forth that self-centered, righteous ponificating, the only person you're impressing is yourself, or your ego for that matter.

Second, I said several times I didn't have a rear Dana 44 to get a BOM from, so how can I go on dana.com/expert and get any information?

Third, my question was generalized on purpose. I didn't expect anyone to know absolutely every single application, but I was a expecting a few people to chime in with, their examples, or heaven forbid a link to another site (like BillaVista's 60 article). C'mon, I didn't ask Wide Track, Narrow Track, Waggoneer, Grand Waggoner, et al, because I wasn't after information from a specific axle.

Fourth, Searching the archives is not a crystal ball. I tried a few Full Size Jeep BB's, and to no avail. I figured the much vaunted Pirate BB would be the answer to all my prayers. I tried it, 90% of the results pertained to Dana 60's:massey: and the remainder was the For Sale section. Narrowing the search to Dana 44 resulting in 90% of the results pertaining to High Steer. Narrowing it even further to resulted inSorry - no matches. Please try some different terms . So, you can take that search button and shove it up your a$$.

Fifth, Unlike you, I really don't give a fawk what other people think of me, especially on an Internet BB. Actually I'm flattered an Internet God such as yourself would remember a simple soul such as myself. Frankly, you'll be forgotten as soon as I hit the reply button.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts