Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an older Scout with drum brakes, which are about worn out, it's time to fix them. There is a guy down the road has an old wrecked '80 Travelall which has discs on the front, not sure of the gearing. He will let me have it for $100.00 is that a good price? Will these fit under the Scout without any major changes, and being that they are both 44's will the gear interchange as I have 3:73's?
Do I need to also add the power disc brake booster?
Thanks, you guys have been a lot of help.
Barry

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts
Be allot better if you could give us more specifics.... such as:

What the heck is an "older Scout". I might think its one thing, others might think another. WAY to vague for us to be of help.

Same with you "buddies" rig, what is it?? Like OS said, no such thing as a 1980 Travelall, so I suspect Traveler (long wheel base SII). If so, $100 is a steal, and there are potentialy other good parts if you take a minute to search some past posts. You might also find some more interesting information on 1980 SII's.

Up to late model stuff, in many respects a D44 is a D44 is a D44...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry , mine is a 67 Scout. Maybe he said Traveller, it's hard to understand the old guy, he's in his 80's. All that is left is the frame, axles, and motor, the rest was taken off years ago, and he used the frame for hauling his manure spreader. (some sort of v-8). Think it will fit?

·
Registered
12 Posts
They'll work but it's not a straight bolt in, the Scout II/Traveller spring width is about 2 inches narrower than a Scout 800, the brakes don't hook up exactly the same way, and the steering linkages are different. Definatly doeable however. Also if it is a 1980 Scout Traveller there's a good chance that it has a Dana 300 transfer case.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts