Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
still building up an 84 toy /stand frame/ ex cab/toy transfercase/ford 302/c4 trans / 5 1/2" aor lift /and using stock axles for now. my question is what toy axles would be the best to use? what year? forn and back?
should i use the stock and get offset rims or what? need upto date info. thank you

·
Registered
342 Posts
84-85 axles.... they seem to have the strongest housings due to the trussing

oh yeah... SEARCH next time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
this has been covered before:rolleyes:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
from some of the posts i have read they don't give a real spacific on the axles. so say go with tacoma axles and so on. need to know if there is a wider axle or just stay with the ones i have and get offset rims.
and sometimes searching takes to long and my eyes get funny:eek: so it does not always work for me

·
Registered
342 Posts
well a popular swap is to put an ifs rear axle in because it is 3(?)inches wider and use wheel spacers on an 84-85 front to make the width even... helps clear springs when turning etc.. back spacing preference is different for everyone... that was covered here

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the help. i quess for now i will stay with the stock and get new rims unless someone else replys to this. once again thanks

·
Registered
342 Posts
wiggit1971 said:
thanks for the help. i quess for now i will stay with the stock and get new rims unless someone else replys to this. once again thanks

what the other guy said and 2 inch backspaced rims,

good luck with the 302 and c4, i buried about 3 grand into the 302 and c4 in my old ford and dynoed at max hp 270 and something like 230 at the rear wheels , if i would swap my 22re it would be for the 5.0 :D

·
Registered
342 Posts
northpole85 said:

what the other guy said and 2 inch backspaced rims,

good luck with the 302 and c4, i buried about 3 grand into the 302 and c4 in my old ford and dynoed at max hp 270 and something like 230 at the rear wheels , if i would swap my 22re it would be for the 5.0 :D

A 302 is a 5.0... or is that what you were saying??? maybe i missed something:confused:

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
I think he was complaing about the HP loss through the ford tranny... 270 went down to 230. I guess?

Is that it, nothpole? Because that's about a normal parasitic loss for any automatic-tranny drivetrain.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Go with an '86-95 rear axle, '84-85 front with 1.5" spacers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts