Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've got an 83 cj7 i just got done putting in scout 44 up front i did the rear a while ago and the brakes worked fine now with the scout 44 up front i have very little brakes if i pump the petal like 5 times i can get only the front disks to grab very little pressure going to the rear drums..if i pump the petal and try to crack the rear bleeders i only get a trickle. i've read a lot of posts a couple sound like my problem but i m looking for a little more info. i have a manual brake mc with waggy calipers and ford rotors up front. can this change in caliper size effect the proportioning valve to the point where im not geting the pressure i need to the rear brakes. my warning light comes on and stays on untill i pump it up a little then it goes out so some pressure has to be building up..the posts i read said people who did the same swap still were able to use the stock cj mc and prop. valve..others changed them..so what gives im gonna try to adjust the rear drums later maybe that will help but what do you guys think.. winters on its way in the north east i wanna get this thing done but these brakes are fawkin kill me

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
Sounds like either air in the front lines or a worn out hose that is ballooning when you step on the brakes

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my next step is to take off the front calipers and hold them so the bleeder is straight up and try bleeding them that wayi may have put them on at the wrong angle.. right now the bleeders are pointing towards the back of the vehicle as apposed to pointing at the floor boards..maybe i still have a little air trapped in there...thanks

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
jeepfreek383 said:
my next step is to take off the front calipers and hold them so the bleeder is straight up and try bleeding them that wayi may have put them on at the wrong angle.. right now the bleeders are pointing towards the back of the vehicle as apposed to pointing at the floor boards..maybe i still have a little air trapped in there...thanks
If that's how you mounted them, you have a lot of air trapped in the calipers. They are supposed to be mounted with the bleeders facing up unless you like removing the calipers to bleed them ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts