Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to do an axle swap on my TJ. I want to find something that is strong, reliable, not to expensive, and not to damned hard to put under their. I was told a ford 8.8 form an Explorer. What do you guys think? hit me up.

Williams

·
Registered
831 Posts
Do a search. You're already on the right track. An 8.8 is a great solution.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I found a dana 44 out of an 87 cherokee w/ tow package for $200 at a auto wrecker. They are the same length as your dana 35.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yup 35c in the rear. Guys on ford truck enthusiasts told me about the 8.8. Im only looking to run about 35's aybe 36's, not to sure. I looked at car-parts.com andfound the 8.8. it was around 1200 with the 4.10

·
Registered
246 Posts
8.8 for 1200$?????... your:smokin: if you pay that.. I am picking mine up on Saturday ot Monday for 300.00 completere disc to disc out of a 97 Exploder.

milkman

·
Registered
23 Posts
I bought mine at ebay from arielperformance. I paid $425 for the new axle and a little over $50 for shipping to Texas. They are based in Oklahoma. I used teraflex brackets and they were a breeze to set up if you take your time and know a good welder. Here is a good link 8.8 Follow all of the other links on the page as well.

Bryce

·
Registered
348 Posts
8.8 is a good tj swap and in many discussions it's been proven superior to the 44..I bought one for 425.00 on ebay brand new never installed from ariel performance but i now have decided to get the axles i really want !! 44 front and 60 rear, i wanna run full width..If your planning on running 35's or maybe 37's one day it depends on how much you like the skinny pedal but the 8.8. should do well for ya!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts