Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Just bought a 92 swb RRC and was considering a axle upgrade for the future. Im new to rovers. my plan is to run a Dana 60 front and 14 bolt rear since theyre strong cheap and easy but what is involved with offseting a 14 bolt to line up with the lt230 tcase? Also since rovers are full time awd will a old kingpin ujoint d60 be able to handle awd street driving? If not i seen a birfield conversion (pricey)but if that's what it takes then whatever. Ill do it. If anyone has any experience in this plz let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
309 Posts
A classic Rangie has a wheelbase of 100" so you can get away with not offsetting the rear with a good prop shaft. The bigger issue will be controlling the massive weight and packaging that huge 14bolt pumpkin while retaining any sort of articulation. Full width axles will also require some significant reworking of the body as I'm assuming with a 1ton axle set you are planing on some very big tyres? This would almost certainly involve changes to the wheelbase if you like having stuff like doors.

You could of course just jack it up with a massive lift but then guys in stock Rangies will be able to out-wheel you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts