Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying get an idea about an axle swap for an 88 dodge 1500. I have access to a kingpin, drivers drop, dually, dana 60 from a 90 F-350. I have seen people running H1 wheels with the dually adapters to correct the extreme backspacing and was trying to figure out if this would work. Otherwise I could change the hubs or make them work without the dually spacer. I do no have the axle to where I can measure but do not know if the leaf spring mounts will be close or even work with the offset diff.

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
An 88 has a pass side pumpkin. Unless you are changing your t-case, you're screwed.
Travis

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, truck is being stored right now and thought for some reason the diff was drivers. Guess I should be looking for a 3/4 chevy donor. What about the H1 wheels? Will the dually adapter thing work or will I have to recenter?

·
Banned
1,836 Posts
Yeah the h-1 rims are said to correct the width of drw front d-60's...
How ever you are screwed with the current trans case... You could how ever swap a newer drivers drop 241... that is a bolt in.. at least it was in my case. I ran a 241 case in my 83 ram charger...

Also. It would be better to pull those drw hubs off and send them to a machine shop to be turned down.....

http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/60_front/

check this out...lots of info

1 - 4 of 4 Posts