Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to re-tube a Dana 60.
3.125"X.500 wall DOM
I don't want to hack into another axle to get one, I have other projects that I'll need the tubing for too.
Local steel supply around here is bad, anyone know of something online or maybe you have about 3 feet you'd be willing to part with?

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Hmmmm... hard to find steel in Pennsylvania. Who would have ever thought they'd hear that? :flipoff2:

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Marmon-Keystone............

do and interent search. that chit isn't cheap. I checked into it,

a 13' stick was around $287 delivered 450 mi from LA to SJ.

--Sherpa

Also, you might try CJDean.... I think he bought a full 20'

stick a year ago or so.

--Sherpa

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I decided to "do it right" and re machine a new tube instead of trying to fix the old one.

In case some of you where curios, I pulled a tube from a D60 that wasn't a press fit.
After removing the rosettes, I hit it once with a sledge and the tube was out of the housing and halfway across the shop floor. :rolleyes:
Anyways, I can push or pull the tube by hand.
I could have had the thing put together by now if it wasn't for the tube not being machined right. :mad:

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
If you pull the other side you can find 3.250 much easyer than 3.125. If you go to 3.250 you might want to consider going to .375 wall also since .500 is way overkill and 1 tons do fine with .375 and hell most everyones rear 60 is .313 wall.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
it should be a press fit,,and u will have to machine down the new tube to fit..but seeing your rear disc brackets this shouldnt be problem...there is place in york pa called anderson metals.. i know that is practially on the other side of world from clarion but i that were i got my tube.. i think it was only like 150$ or so for 6 feet

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
66CJdean said:
If you pull the other side you can find 3.250 much easyer than 3.125. If you go to 3.250 you might want to consider going to .375 wall also since .500 is way overkill and 1 tons do fine with .375 and hell most everyones rear 60 is .313 wall.
Thanks, I'm assuming you don't have any of that 3.125 that Sherpa mentioned? :D
I was just getting ready to drop you an e-mail about 3ft of it. :p

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OTTERGONEJPN said:
it should be a press fit,,and u will have to machine down the new tube to fit..but seeing your rear disc brackets this shouldnt be problem...there is place in york pa called anderson metals.. i know that is practially on the other side of world from clarion but i that were i got my tube.. i think it was only like 150$ or so for 6 feet
Thanks for the lead Otter.
I'm off this week from my regular job, might have to make a road trip.
Would you happen to have their number?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts