Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just had some questions? I am in the process of building up a YJ so far I have been searching for axles dont have the YJ yet but anyway? I was wondering so far I found a Dana 60 from an old j series it has 30 spline shafts I was wondering first if I can do 35 spline shafts and if anybody has dealt with this axles and knows what would be the best measurements for the 60 in the rear of a yj what would be the best setup? Also i am looking to do a 44 front and was wondering what would be the best to get it out of I know waggy's run 44's was wondering if that would be a direct bolt on or would it need to be cut , what would be the best setup for a 44 in the front, At the yard where I got my 60 out of a j series they had the front matching 44 with 8 lug pattern to match my rear but I was wondering if there is a better way to go like the waggy 44?? Thanks alot.... Carlos-New Jersey

·
Registered
97 Posts
those axles out of that truck are goig to be wide.. around 66" wide.. for the cheapest and easiest.. i would go with a set of axles from an 1980 or newer wagoneer/grand wagoneer.. the fullsize version.. that 30 spline 60 is not much stronger than a rear d44/amc20.. and to put 35 spline shafts in it.. well.. it can be done.. but you have to drill out the hubs.. since the shafts are thicker.. the real benny on those 35 splines..
i run a d44 front.. and a d60 35 spline out of a j series truck.. and i had to cut the rear 60 down 3" to match the front.. i dont recommend this to anyone.. since its time consuming.. and hard to get that axle "straight" again.. i think i got more lucky than anything.. (its a semi floating D60)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts