Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what should I expectto find under it...axles, tranny, t-case, and how good are they to start with? might have a salvage one tommarrow.

·
Registered
204 Posts
If it's an F350 it'll have a dana 60 front, sterling rear, ZF manual trans, or E40D auto, transfer case will be a BW 1356. Not a bad setup. Hopefully it's got a 460, or dare we say it, a powerstroke, but the 5.8 isn't bad. The 5.0 is a little small for a one ton truck.

Axle ratios are most likely 3.54, or 3.73, good luck.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya I have no Idea on the power plant yet Powerstroke? maybe it was a ranchers truck and lot of ranchers have those around here.... :grinpimp:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well will find out tommarrow if I can get it from insurance co. and how much? will go tonight and look at it..

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Traveller said:
If it's an F350 it'll have a dana 60 front, sterling rear, ZF manual trans, or E40D auto, transfer case will be a BW 1356. Not a bad setup. Hopefully it's got a 460, or dare we say it, a powerstroke, but the 5.8 isn't bad. The 5.0 is a little small for a one ton truck.

Axle ratios are most likely 3.54, or 3.73, good luck.
i don't think the 5.0 was ever available in a 4x4 F-350. 4.10 is also a common gear option. the only real downside to the dana 60 is ball joints.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
primeredbronco said:
how many people actually wheel their vehicals hard enough to need kingpins?
a lot of people don't, my rig has ball joints. but they are a safeguard and last much longer than ball joints, especially under a fullsize truck.

·
Registered
12,757 Posts
primeredbronco said:
how many people actually wheel their vehicals hard enough to need kingpins?
Winnah of :rainbow: question of the week :shaking:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts