Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
I bet you live on the east coast somewhere those dana 60s seem like they are a dime a dozen over there but not on the west coast though.
Not on the east coast I'm living at :flipoff2:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
well I guess it looks like I will be down grading to 37s maybe 38s. This way I can run the f250 stuff (eight lug hp44/ff60 4.10s) And for a while I will run with the 35"claws I have already till I find a good deal on some new tires. So then if I do snap a shaft I will just get some chromolys with ctms and keep on wheeling. Out off all the threads I have seen 37s or 38s will hold up to a chromoly hp44 thats if you have common sense when it comes to the trails. :D

·
Registered
14,514 Posts
when someone offered me $900 for my jeep NT axles I jumped on that deal and wnt full size..... what i couldnt decide at first was to go 8lug 44 which i already had or go ahead and do a 60... i figured since i had the cash i better do the 60 since id have less in it by doing it now instead of later..... because if i done the 44 then later done a 60 thats double the money pretty much

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
well I guess it looks like I will be down grading to 37s maybe 38s. This way I can run the f250 stuff (eight lug hp44/ff60 4.10s) And for a while I will run with the 35"claws I have already till I find a good deal on some new tires. So then if I do snap a shaft I will just get some chromolys with ctms and keep on wheeling. Out off all the threads I have seen 37s or 38s will hold up to a chromoly hp44 thats if you have common sense when it comes to the trails. :D
Good luck with that:shaking:

·
Registered
9,251 Posts
I don't think thats the worst idea in the world. I'm going with stout 44s and 37"s. I've wheeled 60s on 38"s and for New England trails (rocks hiding in mud, stumps hiding in grass, etc) the clearance sucks. You just can't be stupid with the loud pedal. Maybe run open, or selectable locker up front. Of course on rocks, with more traction, its probably another story. Then again, i got 60s just in case.
And i don't need bleach, the whiskeys gonna kill me soon enough. It'll be a hell of an estate sale.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
60s

Alright I think I got a pretty sweet deal on a truck. I have seen it for the past week at a little dealer close to town. I finally went and checked it out it was a 1978 F250 Super cab, with what da ya know a set of 60s with 4.10s.
So I went in and asked the lady if it was for sale she said it was I asked how much and she said it was 1500 cause it had a new motor in it. Well she handed me the keys and said go see if it will crank so i went out in 30 degree weather and that bitch starter right up,nice! So got 60s now what to do with the rest of the truck maybe a possible motor/tranny/transfercase swap for the jeep I dont know. Should I switch to the dark side and go all ford drivetrain in the yj?:confused: Or should I part it out. Or put 3/4 ton axles in it and put the bitch on ebay? Give me some opinions Tim

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
The only issue is i would really like to put a auto in the jeep. I guess I could put a c6 in there. I really don't like 3 footing it in the rocks plus the ford has mechanical linkages and am not sure if I can set it up to be hydo for the clutch.:smokin:

·
Registered
412 Posts
Any pic's of the F-250 wit the 60's towing the 3 wheeled YJ home? So those headache racks are for winchin the Jeep up into the bed huh?:D

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Better yet, drive the yj, buy a bender, sell off the truck body piece by piece, and build a truggy!

But seriously, don't ruin a perfectly good ford(sic:barf:) by putting square headlights on top of it! Maybe buy a tj grille, then GO FOR IT! But seriously I wouldn't even bother with the YJ. I would buy a jeep body with ROUND headlights, and go for the swap;-)

21 - 30 of 30 Posts