Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Dutchman offered to warranty my 31 spline axles after they failed after 6 runs. I decided to upgrade while waiting for them to analyze the shafts. I bought a 35 spline third member and detroit and want to go to 8 lug flanges to match the front 60 and hummer rims I am building. Dutchman just informed me that they don't do 8 lug flanges and that I will need to go to a full float end on my 9". Warn is about $1000, 14B P-n-P is about $150 plus whatever it will cost to have the ends properly welded to my 9.

Does anybody else make 8 lug flanged SF axles? Also, I bought 77 K20 front rotors to fit my rear discs, but these are machines weird with small "access" (lack of better word) holes machined into the hat to clear the lugs. Will these even work with a flanged axle as there is only around 7 1/16th" space inside the hat?

Anybody with 14B experience want to chime in here?

Thanks

SeanP

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
The rotors for a chevy look like that so that is normal. That axles are no problem if you go full floater and are $315 these days (I think) from Dutchman who might credit you for your 31's? If we weld on new ends we can aalso make the rear about any width you want also. The chevy rotors work well with the 14b ends too.

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks dean. Yeah, basically Dutchman said that they would build the FF shafts for free so that saves me some $$$. There is a lot of benefit I can see going to FF. This whole project has snowballed from my breaking shaft/twising splines in JV in November to a new D60 front, Atlas II and, now FF 35 spline new Strange third member 9". DId I mention that Marni was pregnant??? Got to get this shiat done before August 5.

SeanP

1 - 3 of 3 Posts