Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright this is a really dumb question i know, but i have no idea. when i bought my jeep the guy didn't know the gear ratio cuz he was a poser and never asked the guy he got it from who did the axle swapping. how do i find out? there are a bunch of #s on the axles. the rear one is almost brand new and on the back it says "429 60"and then under that it says "REV V" and then under that "1-27-97" im sure thats a production date. but what do the other #s mean. both pumpkins are ofset to the right. and the rear one has a dana logo on it. someone help me out

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Originally posted by 47willysdude:
<STRONG>alright this is a really dumb question i know, but i have no idea. when i bought my jeep the guy didn't know the gear ratio cuz he was a poser and never asked the guy he got it from who did the axle swapping. how do i find out? there are a bunch of #s on the axles. the rear one is almost brand new and on the back it says "429 60"and then under that it says "REV V" and then under that "1-27-97" im sure thats a production date. but what do the other #s mean. both pumpkins are ofset to the right. and the rear one has a dana logo on it. someone help me out</STRONG>
jack up one wheel.. turn it twice.. the number of times your driveshaft turns is your ratio..

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
Pull the cover off. Most ring gears have the # of teeth on the ring gear & pinion gear stamped into it. Divide the big # by the little #. Or count the teeth yourself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts