Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
UTVGuide.net
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

We began to talk about adventure rides again a few months ago, and he brought up the Arizona Peace Trail. The Arizona Peace Trail is a 750 mile long Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) Loop Trail that explores the dramatic and remote Sonoran Desert landscapes of western Arizona. The trail stretches from Yuma, AZ in the South to Bullhead City, AZ in the North.

I love loop rides and we decided that 4 days was our maximum days on the trail and we would start and end in Parker Arizona. With only four days, we looked at the great resources on the AZPT website (arizonapeacetrail.org) and determined that we would depart Parker AZ on January 1 and travel to Bullhead for the night. Then Bullhead to Hualapai Mountain Resort for day 2. Hualapi to Salome for day 3. Then Salome to Parker for day 4. This loop is 450 miles total and skips Salome to Yuma, and Yuma back to Parker.

The AZPT team has done an incredible job with sample itinerary, GPS routes and even fuel and food locations. This is an invaluable resource that would have taken a ton of time if we were to concoct this trip by ourselves.

Full trip report: ADVENTURE RIDE ON THE ARIZONA PEACE TRAIL

·
Premium Member
2,466 Posts
What kind of range you get out of a tank? Everyone tells me you'll turn into a fireball if you carry extra fuel. What have you found? Love the idea of a big loop trip like that

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Would love to do the Peace Trail sometime. Being from the Midwest it would be so cool to see that part of the country.

·
UTVGuide.net
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What kind of range you get out of a tank? Everyone tells me you'll turn into a fireball if you carry extra fuel. What have you found? Love the idea of a big loop trip like that
A XP 1000 will get over 100 miles for a tank. XP Turbo, maybe 80.

I carried 5 gallons extra on the floorboard of the passenger seat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts