Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The BTG crew is meeting Friday at 7am in the Dysart and I10 Walmart parking lot. After that, we'll meet up again in Yucca Valley at the Carl's Jr. Seems we all like to drive different speeds. Anybody that wants to join us for the caravan is welcome. Gotta make a good AZ showing at da hammerz. :D

·
Registered
455 Posts
ill be there if i can find some good speed to keep me up long enough to finish my junk:flipoff2:

·
Registered
228 Posts
Mine may or may not be ready in time. If it does get done it'll be straight from the shop to the trailer.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
I'll be there at seven hungry for Jack in the Crack! Just need to pack my spares and tools in the buggy. Didn't get to test it this weekend due to the rain, so the Jambo is the maiden run.

Attachments

·
Registered
362 Posts
I'll be there... wouldn't miss it. First time towing the 4Runner with the new tow rig. Sure hope those U-Haul trailers hold up!:eek:

·
Registered
228 Posts
I know this is a long shot but here it goes.... I'm not going to have time to do the front coils before the Jambo so I was just going to stick with the front leafs I have now because I haven't cut off all the old stuff. Problem is my new 39.5's aren't going to come close to clearing the body mount the way my worn out 38 sx's did. The worn out 3inch springs that are on there aren't going to cut it. Does anyone in AZ have some lift springs laying around that I can borrow and return after the Jambo? No this isn't a joke, I'm serious.:D Please don't laugh. Or does anyone have a solution besides hacking the body mount off?

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Hey Jack-

We'll be leaving Prescott about 7:30 AM Friday- we'll be taking the back roads to Parker (via Congress, Aguila, Bouse, etc.) and Hwy 62 to Yucca. We'll swing by the Carl's Jr., but I expect you'll be headed for the lake by the time we straggle in.

We'll try to find ya!

later

·
Registered
75 Posts
Im going to try and make it Like a dumbass I ordered my longfields at the last minute.If I make it Ill be on the newbie trails

·
Premium Member
1,220 Posts
I'll be there. Late Friday night or early Saturday morning. See you all!

Oh yeah, anyone know where I might be able to rent a toy hauler for the weekend?

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Woody, if you don't already have your front end torn apart to do the Longfields, just stash them in the truck and go. It's a good weekend to learn if you break one since everyone will have the tools and knowledge to do them.

List of spares I'm bringing, anyone is welcome to them as long as I don't need them. Spare 5:29 third, spare PS box, TRE's, plenty of gear oil, fluids, floor jack and stands, portable oxy/acy torch and various steel scraps, grinder and sawzall. Zags will have his welder I'm sure.

ChrisE, how about cutting off the body mount and moving it back a few inches? Just get some big washers to support the floor. Your cab section can't be supporting that much weight especially with the narrowed front. Either that or just weld a piece of tube 90 degrees to the frame and set the floor right on it, maybe with a piece of rubber in between. It would get you by. You're trailering it out right?

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The last minute scramble..................see everybody on Friday.:flipoff2:

·
Registered
228 Posts
My rigs not going to make it. I got sent 40 spline axles and reverse cut gears instead of 35 spline and standard gears so my rearend won't be ready in time. :( I might make the trip without the truck anyway.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Well, the Nissotaletyeep isn't gonna make it. I still haven't gotten the motor runnin', and I don't want the Hammerz to be the maiden voyage. :( This sucks not having a rig.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts