Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone down for a little mud fun this sunday? I am taking my family there to shoot mud all over the place. I should be there by lunch time, maybe earlier. If someone else wants to meet, I could nail down a time.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll be in this. And of corse my name is Glenn. I will be with my wife and three kids gettin all dirty.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
I say yes on rocks. Theres like a hole big rock field to crawl there. Thats pretty much just where i play at and a huge water fall at the end. and just small short hills

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I hope to see you guys there. It should be fun with all the rain we just had.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I say yes on rocks. Theres like a hole big rock field to crawl there. Thats pretty much just where i play at and a huge water fall at the end. and just small short hills
I went there for the first time last weekend. That rock field is awesome. It’s just aches of rocks strewn out for a LONG ways. You just dive along until you see what resembles a line and go for it. There’s anything from medium difficulty to extreme stuff. The thing is though, it all seems to be pretty virgin territory. Not much in the rock quarry seems defined as a trail other then the obvious trail (easy access road) that runs in the middle of it. So you are just kind of making stuff up as you go. There are so many rocks that you could probably spend a week there and not do the same line twice.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
hell ya man. tell me when you go. most of my friends don't like to go there. if they do they get hang out in like a sec lol. i could be there for hours. you just make your line and go anywhere you want. its not like there's only one trail. nothing the same. there is some huge rocks there to like reallllly small. but me and my dad have fun time there

Just a posser pic =]. you could see in the back theres WAY more rocks and all together

·
Registered
946 Posts
Any pics from this past weekend? I want to see how much mud this rain brought. Thanks

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I didn't get any pics but there were two good mud holes. The one closest to the water was a mud bog pit with two deep grooves . Then there was another one that was pretty fun. There was a ton of people out there and some really big badass mud trucks.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
can someone post directions from I-10? i will be in town next week and want to check it out, thanks
if you are heading east on the I-10, go north on the 605 to the 210 east, exit Azusa Ave. on Azusa go north until through all the housing to the base of the mountain, then into the canyon, finally you'll see a parking lot, where the ranger station is, that is the entrance. it costs a few bucks to get in, like 5 or 10. It's quite a ways into the canyon, so dont freit, you'll pass a large bridge, its just past that.

if you are heading west on the 10 head north on the 57 freeway to the 210, and same thing, just exit Azusa and go north.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah and don'tstop to buy an adventure pass before you get to the OHV area. Those are no good to get in there. It costs $8 and you pay at a little ranger booth at the entrance to the parking lot.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
X2 no need to stop by ranger. if they tell you to go in just say im heading to ohv park. its like about a 8 mile drive up?

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts