Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Under Body Protection Hdj80

My Defender 110 needs loads of under body protection for just quite simple greenlaning (steering rod guards, diff guards etc.).
I'll do quite extensive expedition work with my HDJ80 (1997) and need to ask you out there what kind of guards you recommend to the HDJ80. I'm concerned about the steering rods, the diffs and the transfer box. Any ideas and/or experinces in this field?
Thanks.
Rgds,
Peder Silfverhjelm

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Nolen,
Yes I have that link. The prices are enormous!
It might be a good thing to export custom made products to the US. A front heavy duty bumper (5-6 mm plate) with winch fitting costs about §300 to make here (incl. galvanized and powder coated and recovery eyes).
The only under body protection I could see was the skid plate for the transfer box and the rock sliders.
Do you don't use any protection for the steering rods?
rgds,
Peder

·
Registered
678 Posts
Peder,
Christo's stuff does cost a good buck, but all his stuff is real quality and I honestly don't know of anyone with any complaints about it. Plus he's a super dude and has hands down the best customer service.

Besides sliders, bumpers, tcase skid plates, the only other real protection I have on mine underneath is the cat converter protection - all welded on.

2 real good buds put this together for me.

With our 80's, we don't worry about the steering linkages that much. We all carry spares and if you need an emergency fix, the hi-lift handle makes a great sleeve. :D :flipoff2: :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts