Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a B/W case out of a 86' BII I was just freshening everything up and decided to install the three new seals. I have been able to replace two of them, the one where the rear driveshaft attaches and the other where the front driveshaft attaches. However I am trying to figure out how in the hell to get the seal out of the front shaft that goes into the T case In my application the gear oil of the transmission is kept out of the T case by this seal. Do I have to unbolt the front adaptor/ cover of the t case where the tranny bolts to the case and take this seal out from the back side of the cover or is there some special tool to get in betwen the seal and the "female" style splined shaft of the t case? :confused: :confused: :confused: The other two seals were easy cause they had lips on the outside and you simply just pried the seal out with a flat bladed screwdriver, but this one doesn't have one of the little lips. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone else have any input before I go and start pulling the front cover off? :shaking:

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
drill two holes in the seal face and thread a few screws in it and pop it out with a prybar or hammer, or use a seal puller.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts