Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has climbed this unassisted?
What kind of rig, how long, how heavy. what size tire?
I could not do it unassisted, anyone do this thing in a jeep, toyota or other full bodied rig?

Just interested what rigs are doing climbs like this?
I saw Chris ( EMIEVEL) go up and down it a few times, any big 4 seat rigs climb this or just the light small buggies?

Thinking about stepping up, but need a 4 seat family car .
The jeep needs some help!

·
Registered
5,815 Posts
jp junkie said:
I have done it every time unassisted. You have to pick the right line, if not you just light the tires up and fail.:beer:

Edit. The Krawers make all the difference also.:D
I've done it, John's done it, Dave's done it, Air Ride's, done it, Aaron's done it, notice, all Toyota based :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
I can tell you what I didn't make it with:rolleyes: I got my rear tires to where your front tires are in your pic....I was flooring it and bouncing all over:D I thought it was gonna bounce up but nope, 97" wheel base, 38.5" SX, but I've got a 258 6 popper spinnen em and I'm prolly pushin 4000 lbs.

My Jeep is tore apart...It's getting 106" WB...loosing 1000 lbs and if someone will buy my engine...gaining over 100 horse power:skull:

Pic: http://community.webshots.com/photo/71928192/105418070GuERdk

·
Registered
7,838 Posts
I think i made it un-assisted... the first and only time i've been on that trail or the hammers for that matter was durning the 'non event' at carnage. my throttle happy team mate was behind me and i know he rammed me once... but i'm pretty sure i backed down, turned right and floored it and made it up. maybe some others will remember better than me.

my ranger is 114" and it definately ain't light... 1ton full width with 42's... oh yeah that was 3-42" tsl's and 1-38"tsl when i was on back door. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
108,048 Posts
RE:Todd said:
I've done it, John's done it, Dave's done it, Air Ride's, done it, Aaron's done it, notice, all Toyota based :flipoff2: :flipoff2:
Last time you had a "little" help. :p :flipoff2:

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Erik (ThePurpleNerple) and I do it frequently. We find the center line to be a little more fun for us. Both rigs are about 101-102 wheelbase and about 2500 each. Wait till we finish the upper section. Now that will be a fun trail!

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
I saw Chris do it the evening before carnage and it was sick! He did the right line...the big double ledge:eek: I never even bothered trying, but I will after my Jeep is back in it's new reincarnation.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
You are asking for big rigs and I think I qualify for that.

Toyota on rockwells and 44's about 4800 #'s

I did it the only time I have tried my carb didn't like it to much but I'm working on that.

·
Premium Member
5,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
but I will after my Jeep is back in it's new reincarnation.

Thats where I am right now,
Sounds like 100" at least wheelbase is what it takes
How about some pics?
Ande where You been?

ReTodd ROR's got the Toyota thing covered,
Don't want to fall in with the wrong crowd:flipoff2:
Thanks for the imput! Any more?

·
Premium Member
8,698 Posts
bad booger said:
You are asking for big rigs and I think I qualify for that.

Toyota on rockwells and 44's about 4800 #'s

I did it the only time I have tried my carb didn't like it to much but I'm working on that.
Sounds like you enjoyed BackDoor moreso than that little bitty rock that took out your windshield on Outer Limits with JR. :flipoff2:

·
Non-Lemming
78,528 Posts
I saw Tin:skull:Bender do it in Shaffer's comp buggy. He made it look EASY. :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
Thats where I am right now....how bout some pics?
Not sure what your looking for, or if your even talking to me, but if you follow the link in my previous post and then go to the misc. Jeep pics, you can see some more of my Jeep on BD and of it all torn down. I will add more as I slowly rebuild it.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts