Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
5,815 Posts
SanDiegoCJ said:
I saw Tin:skull:Bender do it in Shaffer's comp buggy. He made it look EASY. :eek: :eek:
400 lbs of water in the front tires do wonders :D :D

·
Chubby Chaser
26,105 Posts
I've done it few times, I'm at 108", in a 4 seater Land Cruiser;)

·
Registered
56 Posts

Jeff as you know I made the climb three different time that weekend, I think I was the anchor but we had fun doing it. The water fall is a nice climb, its like the Nemisis Waterfalls at Los Cruces N.M.

I think what your asking is, not who make it, but of those who did make it, and give some details of your build up?

My is 1995 Defender 90 Land Rover

Track is 85.5"

Wheel base 110"

Weight 4300 lbs Dry

Weight 4490 lbs 20 gallons gas, ice chest with beer and ice, welding goodies and hand tools etc.

Tires 40" MTRs Groved

Over all lenth 12'7" which is shorter than my stock mod D90 @ 15'+

Height 7'2"

Ground clearance 25.5" at the lowest part of the frame

As you know it is a big trail truck but it seats 4 people and has room for 2 mid size ice chests one small one and room for the diaper bag.

When I built this Rover I layed out the seats, Ice chest then Dyna Track 60s.

This maybe more than you needed.

Thanks G.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
G Jevne said:

Jeff as you know I made the climb three different time that weekend, ....

....This maybe more than you needed.

Thanks G.
By the way, thanks for letting my girlfriend Tiffany sit in the shade in your rig during the September Calrocs Cougar Buttes event. You were a life saver. It was HAWT out there! :D

·
Premium Member
5,750 Posts
Jeff it seems as tho Back Door does favor the 110+" rigs

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
I climbed it a couple of times before the Non event, with no trouble. Lance was spotting me and brought me up with just a little bump and go.
My rig is at about 105" wb, 83" wide, and about 3700lbs.

The second ledge gave me a tougher time than the first.

·
Premium Member
5,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
The second ledge gave me a tougher time than the first.

The second ledge ate my rear pinion.

Thanks for the specs guys, Thats what I'm looking for.

·
pro web-wheeler
21,639 Posts
Becca crawled the waterfall in the RockIt. ZERO momentum, took about a minute of patience and inch by inch it went up...never losing ground.

She then went to the second climb (the one after the waterfall where everyone takes the right line). She put it on the FAR left side and crawled that too. I've never seen a more off camber crawl. She took her left up the ledge, then up the big boulder on the left in four wheel drive and crawled the rest in front wheel drive...four wheel drive just wanted to roll her diagonally backwards to the right. It was BADASS!

Frank (Chief) was spotting her and I just kept biting my tounge...I wanted to tell them to knock it off as the show body was on...glad I let em do it anyway cause the show was worth the risk.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I was fully denied on the waterfall...

...but those are little pussy 33s. :flipoff2:

Jes

·
Registered
145 Posts

DAAIIIIIAAAAAMMMM!!!

Fun trail

My junk was acting more like an ice cream truck than a rock truck that day but Jeff gave me an out for turning around after the second waterfall. (see above picture)

- ROR

·
Premium Member
5,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Red xxxxx's Roy!
Buy a star dirtbag:flipoff2: :flipoff2: :D

I always wanted to say that!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Jeff Knoll said:
Red xxxxx's Roy!

Oh yea? I hope this happens to you the first day out on your next long trip so you'll have to ride with me and beg to play with the radio.

btw nice red star ya commie bastard!

- ROR

·
Registered
56 Posts
Jeff Knoll said:
Who has climbed this unassisted?
What kind of rig, how long, how heavy. what size tire?
I could not do it unassisted, anyone do this thing in a jeep, toyota or other full bodied rig?

Just interested what rigs are doing climbs like this?
I saw Chris ( EMIEVEL) go up and down it a few times, any big 4 seat rigs climb this or just the light small buggies?

Thinking about stepping up, but need a 4 seat family car .
The jeep needs some help.
Dust,
how is it going,

Give us some details on the Truggy, not driving tips DUDE! :) Hee hee
I know Becca is bad ass and can spank most the guys out there including my self, lets here about the details on the Truggy! and the Red Bull Jeep, it climbs good too.

I think thats what Jeffs lokkin for.

See ya on the trail G.

·
Chubby Chaser
26,105 Posts
Jeff Knoll said:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
mrblaine said:

Sounds like you enjoyed BackDoor moreso than that little bitty rock that took out your windshield on Outer Limits with JR. :flipoff2:

Ya, didn't like losing the windshield at first cause I'm used to rain and freezing temps but now that I live in the desert I like not having it.

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
pic of the line that chris (EMIEVIL on here, I think) takes. attacks it straight on, not to the left like most others. quite the rush when sitting in the passenger seat :D.

specs of his rig (hope I'm right): ~103" wheel base, 1.6L zuk engine, yota tranny and t-case, and 37's.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
I posted a cool pic of the waterfall in another post (just some pics or something like that), that is the middle line. The only one I've seen make it is another Sammi (purple nurple).

Specs are 101" wheel base, 1.6 carb'd, Sammi t-case w/ GRSII, Sammi tranny, Toy axles w/ 5:29 gears, 37" Pro Comps.

Chris

·
Super Moderator
17,783 Posts
I crawled it last year in my Land Crusier. Started left, and crawled to the right. Idled up it. This year I broke my rear pinion on my first attempt. :rolleyes:

Bob Standage spanked it on Thanksgiving weekend with his 96" CJ7 and 35" tires -

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
EMIEVEL said:
Specs are 101" wheel base, 1.6 carb'd, Sammi t-case w/ GRSII, Sammi tranny, Toy axles w/ 5:29 gears, 37" Pro Comps.

Chris
damn, I could have sworn randy said it was at ~103" of wheelbase over thanksgiving and that you were running toy drive train behind the sammy engine. guess I was wrong :confused:

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Lance said:
I crawled it last year in my Land Crusier. Started left, and crawled to the right. Idled up it. This year I broke my rear pinion on my first attempt. :rolleyes:

Bob Standage spanked it on Thanksgiving weekend with his 96" CJ7 and 35" tires -
Yeah Lance, I heard that Jeep did it easily. I still haven't seen anyone but the Sammis get it from the middle, and I mean starting in the middle ;)! I really don't know why cause it seems like the easier line to me. It just gets a little light up front, but I don't think it would come all the way over. Even if it did it wouldn't kill ya.

Lance, will you be out for the New Year's party? I might have a open seat if you want.

Chris

21 - 40 of 50 Posts