Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yea I had to leave early but I still had an awesome time. The place was great and the people better. Since I got home first, Iguess I'll post up some pics. Friday there were more wagons than anything else, till Friday night and Saturday when everyine came pouring in. Here's a few pics, I'm sure there will be many more later.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
WHAT AN OUTSTANDING TRIP!

It was great to be back on the trails after almost 2 years, and even better to be with such a great group of wheelers.

Thanks to all, especially Kowboy and the Bakers (Butch and Josh) for all their help getting my junk back together as I shook out the bugs.

Ed

·
Registered
393 Posts
Rock Taxi said:
WHAT AN OUTSTANDING TRIP!

It was great to be back on the trails after almost 2 years, and even better to be with such a great group of wheelers.

Thanks to all, especially Kowboy and the Bakers (Butch and Josh) for all their help getting my junk back together as I shook out the bugs.

Ed
Missed you in camp this morning when you left. Josh was using my welder on another rig. Did the fix on your link get you through the day?

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
It got me through the lefthand line on De Woody, but was starting to buckle anyway.

The fact that the alternator was not charging ended my day though. The optima died and I threw it on the trailer calling it a successful test.

Thanks again for your help, and it was nice to meet you.

Ed

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kowboy, that welder is friggin awesome. And with Josh welding on my trailer, I think that it might actually hold.

·
Registered
303 Posts
We left early too. Something about having to pick up the kid and go to work. I didn't want to leave, but she made me. It was great to meet everybody, and we look forward to doing it again.
Butch, can I still get a T-shirt?

Jeremy&Sandy

·
Registered
368 Posts
I enjoyed it my self. Made a note to myself also. No more semi hard core wheeling for the 61. I took out my tail light and scratched the paint pretty good on the rear quarter. Heres a cool shot of Josh Baker coming out of Clydes Ravine. Its difficult for skinny tires, and has been known to eat unsuspecting wagons for dinner. I didn't even try it knowing the outcome if not successful. I did pose here for a minute to grovel after the tail light episode. More pics to come.
Gary

Attachments

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I had a blast. It took me 10.5 hrs to get back home. I guess Josh does crack better than I do :flipoff2: I really want a PIC of that disaster. :D

I do think Gilmer is too far from Atlanta. I would like you to work on that.

It was good to see everyone; great people, great food, bad free PBR and a lot of heat.

·
Moderating Midget
27,537 Posts
dd113 said:
I had a blast. It took me 10.5 hrs to get back home. I guess Josh does crack better than I do :flipoff2: I really want a PIC of that disaster. :D

I do think Gilmer is too far from Atlanta. I would like you to work on that.

It was good to see everyone; great people, great food, bad free PBR and a lot of heat.
I gotta get the video of Dearborn slipping into that crack hosted up somewhere....

Classic! He is my "Wagon hero"!!!

·
Registered
13,473 Posts
I had a great time (once I got there :rolleyes: ). Wish I could've stayed longer, but my wife was home sick with our 9 mo. old son, so I had to fly.

Took me 7 hours to get there and 3:45 to get home :D

Nolen, apparently digital cameras don't like 40" MTRs piled on top of them :(

I'll try to recover my pics and post them asap.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts