Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any pictures of this? Search doesn't seem to be working right now for me, it just loads to a white page.

I'm in the process of gathering ideas/parts for my TJ project. 60/70 LT1 TH350 Dana 300, full hydro, bla bla bla.

I just can't seem to find any pictures of what I have in my mind to get a real idea of how this is going to turn out. Tub is cut just behind the door frame and the frame is cut where it starts to bend up in the rear to go over the axle.

I'm just looking for ideas right now.. so I can hopefully have something rolling this winter. I'm also debating what kinda of suspension to build for it (Well, I know its going to be 4 linked in the rear, not sure on the front) but my main dilema is what kinda of spring/shock to use for the actuall suspension.

If search was working, this wouldn't even be posted. Thanks. :grinpimp:

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
didnt strangler have any ideas before he cut the back off it!!good luck on the build.there is alot of tj,s on here like that.also go to claytons web site and check out adams tj his is cut off in the back.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
did ya ever pay him for the axles you're selling?

·
Premium Member
1,842 Posts
its not done yet but this gives you some ideas.....

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Dust Puppy said:
its not done yet but this gives you some ideas.....

That looks SICK!!!!!!
U def just put some ideas in my head for winter. Simple and yet looks good!:D

·
Premium Member
1,842 Posts
its pretty clean back there. i still have to stuff it with the rear winch, the fuel cell and the hydro cooler.

what do you mean by what shafts....what driveshafts? jess at highangle is building them. or they are somewhere between here and cali right now.

the axle shafts are stock right now. I still have to finish the body cuts, i did the rough cut on the pass side, but haevnt touched the drivers side though.

·
Registered
13,997 Posts
Looks nice Alan.

Work's cut my IM access so I haven't been able to chat lately. So what's the plan?

·
Registered
214 Posts
lugie_98tj said:
4.0/aw4/D300(32 spline)
1310 front cv
1350 rear cv
hp60 front 35 spline w/flanges
lp60 rear 35 spline
5.38's
hydro assist(for the moment)

39 krawlers, beadlocks coming soon
2.5" JJ's throughout
My YJ is going to have the same DL (except t-case). Right now I am debating between 39.5 or 42" Iroks. How does this thing run on the hwy, particularly hills. My jeep will be street legal and just want some power to get to the trail, not sure how well the 4.0L/AW4 combo will work with 5.38's and big meats.

Thanks,

zman

·
Premium Member
1,842 Posts
TheGusset said:
Dust Puppy, do you have any side shot pics.

Looks Awesome!
here are some sideshots from a few months ago when i had just gotten the suspension on it.

back when the front was on jackstands

gives you an idea of the cut lines on the body since the drives side isnt done in the other pics

hey terry whats up.....how are things with you? drop me an email if you have time we'll catch up. [email protected]

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
zman-az said:
My YJ is going to have the same DL (except t-case). Right now I am debating between 39.5 or 42" Iroks. How does this thing run on the hwy, particularly hills. My jeep will be street legal and just want some power to get to the trail, not sure how well the 4.0L/AW4 combo will work with 5.38's and big meats.

Thanks,

zman
first of all, my junk rides the trailer on pavement, mainly due to tires. It does surprisingly well on road, but it lacks power.

I've beat the snot out of the AW-4 with no issues. slamming it into reverse on numerous occasions.

I ran h1 beadlocks with 39 iroks for a little while, and the power loss was huge compared to alum wheels. You won't be making speed records.

What t-case are you planning?

·
Registered
214 Posts
lugie_98tj said:
What t-case are you planning?
Looks like the Stak 3 speed, second choice is an Atlas with 4.3:1.

Not worried about speed records, just want to get to the trail head before the sun sets. :D My jeep will also be trailered for the longs hauls, just want something that can go faster than 50 mph on a moderate grade (that's tops for my 4 banger on 35's). Would love to be able to go 70 mph out of Moab if needed.

zman

1 - 20 of 30 Posts