Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a tube project that I was told had an international D60 rear end in it. I know nothing about the international stuff. The backing plate dimensions are approx 4 1/4"x 3 3/4 inches. There is a flat spot on the backing plate where the wheel cylinder mounts. Does that sound like an international axle pattern? I was checking about getting a disk brake bracket kit and the guy said that dimension didn't match any 60 or 70 rear he was famaliar with. And please no flaming, the search function is down. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
8,018 Posts
rlg999 said:
I have a tube project that I was told had an international D60 rear end in it. I know nothing about the international stuff. The backing plate dimensions are approx 4 1/4"x 3 3/4 inches. There is a flat spot on the backing plate where the wheel cylinder mounts. Does that sound like an international axle pattern? I was checking about getting a disk brake bracket kit and the guy said that dimension didn't match any 60 or 70 rear he was famaliar with. And please no flaming, the search function is down. Thanks for any info.
Easy way to tell if it an IH or not, how many bolts hold the axle in, 6 or 8??

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has 6 bolts, and the backing plate is round, not square, with the flat spot on the top. Does 6 bolts mean international?

·
Registered
8,018 Posts
rlg999 said:
It has 6 bolts, and the backing plate is round, not square, with the flat spot on the top. Does 6 bolts mean international?
6 bolts doesn't mean International, but International did use 6 bolts to hold the axle in on their 60's. The Dodges and Fords I have looked at used 8. I don't get where you're getting your dimensions for a backing plate?? The backing plate on my 60 has an 11" backing plate on it. What are you talking about?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm referring to the 4 bolts that hold the backing plate to the axle end. Remove these 4 bolts and the backing plate falls off. I sent you an email with a pic of the axle. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
8,018 Posts
rlg999 said:
I'm referring to the 4 bolts that hold the backing plate to the axle end. Remove these 4 bolts and the backing plate falls off. I sent you an email with a pic of the axle. Thanks for the info.
I am headed home, I'll take a look at it tomorrow.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Here's my IH D-60 backing plate:

I don't know jack about IH stuff either so I'm of little use except I think you are referring to the small rectangular piece of metal that bolts thru the same four holes as on this plate but acts to retain the oil seal, bearing, and the axle itself not actually the backing plate upon which the shoes mount correct?

also: the plate is exactly 12" in dia. for 11" brake drums.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mr. 678 said:
Here's my IH D-60 backing plate:

I don't know jack about IH stuff either so I'm of little use except I think you are referring to the small rectangular piece of metal that bolts thru the same four holes as on this plate but acts to retain the oil seal, bearing, and the axle itself not actually the backing plate upon which the shoes mount correct?

also: the plate is exactly 12" in dia. for 11" brake drums.
Exactly, MR 678, thanks for putting up the pic. I will compare it to my backing plate when I get back home later this week.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Looks like a backing plate off of a semifloat Dana60. Same brakes as Scout II. 11"x2 1/4". Brake back spacing is 2 1/8". Very common backing plate bolt pattern very similiar to Ford.
________
a00BlakeDiaz live

1 - 9 of 9 Posts