Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know what I should run for rims and backspacing? just wondering if anyone has had any problems rubbing. I just have stock axels and spoa lift, running 32's right now.

·
Registered
17,975 Posts
i have 31x10.5 Grabber mt's on 7" rims with aproximately the same backspacing as stock. (each wheel maybe .25" "further away" from the springs,so hardly any real change)
with a stock spring spoa(5"),and 2" shackle reverse also.very occasionally,when i'm backing up,and have the steering wheel cranked the lugs on a tire will rub a leaf spring.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
I have 2 1/2" of backspacing on 8-inch rims. It took an additional 1" spacer to clear my 33's. They will still rub very slightly at full turn on a steep sidehill situation. Not enough to worry about though.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
remember I am running stock axles, not toyota. bye the way, anyone have a pitman drop arm for sale???

·
Registered
454 Posts
I run 15x8 MRT beadlocks with 2 inch backspacing. I don't rub with my 33x12.50's. I have trimmed the fenders for extra insurance, but I didn't rub before I trimmed them. I run a stock spring SPOA with a Calmini shackle reverse. Hope this helps. ~Steve

PS--- The extra stability these wider tires/wheels add is like day and night. I used to run 32x9.50 TSL's, and it felt really unstable. Now it feels a lot more safe.

[ 09-11-2001: Message edited by: squirrelman83 ]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts