Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think my rear u joint is going bad. it makes a clunk noise every once in awhile when i start to drive. is there a way to test if it is actually the u joint going bad and are there any write ups on changing u joints other than the one in the tech forum? thnks in advance;)

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does the clunk definately mean it's the u joint? if so how do i tell which u joint it is? considering that my truck is my daily driver i would rather have a pretty good idea of what i need to do and replace before i tear my truck apart. any help would be appreciated since i would rather fix it now than have it fly apart on the freeway:flipoff2:

·
Registered
12,465 Posts
dspin said:
considering that my truck is my daily driver i would rather have a pretty good idea of what i need to do and replace before i tear my truck apart.
It takes 10 min to take a drive shaft out, inspect it and put it back in. Try going to napa, buying 2 joints, pull it, replace whichever is bad (I would recomend just doing both ;) ) and put it back in, then return whatever parts you dont need! :beer:

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks keith that's my plan for the day as of now hopefully it goes well;) :beer:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts