Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its for sale

i have never seen any unimogs that look like this before. its pretty badass. i want 2 :D thought it looked nice so i figured id share it.

nick

·
Registered
7,719 Posts
that is bad ass

416 doka, exactly what i have always wanted

too bad top speed is 64mph down hill with the wind behind you :(

·
Registered
703 Posts
That is bad ass,just needs to be a flat color.Looks sorta funny with all that shine :D

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Thing of all the gear you could haul in that thing. Ultimate support rig, you could wheel into spider and camp in the lap of luxury for a few weeks.

·
Premium Member
9,568 Posts
This common misperception kills me...
Stock, yes, its true.... but take a peek at that Doka. It ain't stock.

Modified, no. Been in one that cruised at 70 -- took a long while to get there, but it did get there. Highway gears and larger tires puts you there (just like every other brand of truck).

Randii

·
Registered
7,719 Posts
randii said:

Modified, no. Been in one that cruised at 70 -- took a long while to get there, but it did get there. Highway gears and larger tires puts you there (just like every other brand of truck).

Randii
It says in the specs that 64 is the limit

i was into mogs for a while and everyone i talked to said i would be lucky to break 30 up hill. I never rode in one on the freeway so i don't know from experience.

What motor did the 70 mph mog have. And is 70 downhill with hte wind at its back or flat/uphill?

larger tires, not much dif between 40's and 44's

maybe 10 mph

i like to cruiser at 90-100+

:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
566 Posts
Nice mog...it took us 7 hours to recover one of those out from the bush after it rolled about a month and a half ago. Over 8000lbs is a bitch to winch down the side of a mountain...

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it can be bought for 38,000. it would be a perfect rig for the guy that wanted to be out in alaska for a few weeks at a time.
so what if you can only go 65? my jeep only goes 65 so i could get used to driving a mog at 65.

nick

·
Premium Member
9,568 Posts
It says in the specs that 64 is the limit
That clearly modified Doka has specs?
Oh, you meant the stock specs? :p
Same comment.... if you don't drive a stocker, don't feel constrained by the stock specs.

The 70mph Mog had the standard 6-cylinder (one for air) Mercedes diesel with improved intake and exhaust. Like I said, it took a while to get there, but it did get there. Flat ground, and those things are such a brick I don't think even a tornado tailwind would help. :D

Another Mog was along that day with tires that measured somewhere north of 50" but no highway gears and no intake/exhaust mods. He was fully wound out at about 65.
What motor did the 70 mph mog have. And is 70 downhill with hte wind at its back or flat/uphill?

i like to cruiser at 90-100+
If I ever finish the world's longest motor swap, I hope to join you parked in front of the same CHP cruiser. :flipoff2:

Randii

·
Registered
363 Posts
My 404 would cruise nicely at 55 but it would push 65 if you really let it rip.It had the radio box which really slowed it down.Had a 2.8 built up for it but top speed wouldn't change only power.Remember if you put a diesel in you have to do more than just the engine.They will not last at the high rpm of the gas engine.The tires you mentioned (42-44) won't take 90 mph anyways so plan for a long drive.BTW for 38 g's there better be a good lookin ho beside you for those long rides.I wouldn't pay that much for that one in CDN money.

·
Registered
182 Posts
njc said:
my jeep only goes 65 so i could get used to driving a mog at 65.

nick
Ditto - but mine gets there real quick with a 377 sm465 and 5:38 gears. That Mog is badass. I'm so used to mobbin 97 & Flat towin at 80 in the pickup on my long roadtrips that I don't know if I could sell it and step down. I'm tempted. Really Really Tempted. Of course that one is way out of my price range though.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
randii said:

Randii
those tires are only rated at 55mph, probley no biggy but?
http://www.michelinag.com/pages/html/xm2747.htm
I cant help but think a XZL or a Conti would be a better choice of tire, but the ones on this Mog are pretty cool, practical?

Yeah I know Dirk's Doka would hit 70 with highway gears, seen him zoom past me on the highway in it.

Hmm I;m kinda suprised at the high miles on this one, 161,000 seems like alot.

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
this sport/recreation is about going slow!!!...if you want to haul ass, then pick a different hobby...fawk all you whiny bitches "I wanna be able to do 80MPH"...what happens when you get a nice case of DW at that speed? :eek:

There is no way that My Scout will ever see 70MPH again and I am totally satisfied with that.:flipoff2:

·
Registered
12,465 Posts
My Jeep sees 70 all the time

On a trailer behind my Dodge

:flipoff2: I would love that mog. I would love it and squeeze it and hold it tight ;) :p

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Scout Dude said:
this sport/recreation is about going slow!!!...if you want to haul ass, then pick a different hobby...fawk all you whiny bitches "I wanna be able to do 80MPH"...what happens when you get a nice case of DW at that speed? :eek:

There is no way that My Scout will ever see 70MPH again and I am totally satisfied with that.:flipoff2:
But a 416 DOKA is not really ment(not that it can't but it's kinda big) to be a rock crawling rig, it's more(at least in my mind) for long range travel(to get to remote area's), and it's knda hard to drive 55mph(or less) everyplace, it's nice to be able to hit 70mph.

BTW what is DW?.....death woble?

John H

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
Keith Strong said:
My Jeep sees 70 all the time

On a trailer behind my Dodge

Yeah, well some of us still drive our rigs to the trail....pussy!:flipoff2:

As for the tech portion of this thread: That mog is nice, but it needs to be lowered a little. They seem a little top heavy.

And I can't wait for my Mog axles to show up:bounce: :bounce2: :grinpimp:

EDIT: Yes DW is Death wobble.;)

·
Registered
12,465 Posts
Scout Dude said:

Yeah, well some of us still drive our rigs to the trail....pussy!:flipoff2:

As for the tech portion of this thread: That mog is nice, but it needs to be lowered a little. They seem a little top heavy.

And I can't wait for my Mog axles to show up:bounce: :bounce2: :grinpimp:

EDIT: Yes DW is Death wobble.;)
:flipoff2: Its ok, I will enjoy my A/C on a hot day, and comfy cruise control. :p

And for a little tech.....I have had DW at 70 MPH, it aint fun. Nothing gives you butt pucker power like the stearing wheel shaking so violently all you can do is let go, hit the brakes, and hope to god no one is in the lane next to you :eek: Thats WHY I trailer now as often as possible.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts