Pirate 4x4 banner
21 - 40 of 194 Posts

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Engo was also started by a former Mile Marker exec wasn't it? Does mile marker have anyone left or are they all the same and said chinese kid just puts whatever sticker on he feels like? heh

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would stay away from HF stuff, especially electronics, I have a handful of HF stuff and it is all stuff that if it breaks its not big deal. I wouldn't trust HF with recovery/rescue. PASS!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Guys, I was able to pick up an Smittybuilt XRC 8k winch with free cover today at the Jeep and Truck Fest for the same $269.00 that the Harbor freight one was going to be. That was a simple solution and for the exact same price!!!!:)

Since I was there I also picked up front and rear bumpers, sliders with side step as well......:D

·
Addicted to Gear Oil
9,939 Posts
Fauxwheeler did a pretty good winch torture test recently:

They dunked them, stalled them, tortured them...most died. Some survived
http://www.fourwheeler.com/techarticles/129_1107_massive_multi_winch_shootout/index.html

http://www.fourwheeler.com/techarticles/129_1107_massive_multi_winch_shootout/winch_speed_test.html

Unfortunately, most of the winches tested were the same basic Chi-com winch. HF winch was DOA, Summit and Kodiak died a swift death, too.

After the max pull test, T-MAX and Engo winches still worked. All the others including the WARN and Superwinch broke during the test.

I have a Smittybilt XRC10, seems to be a good balance of cost v/s performance.

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Guys, I was able to pick up an Smittybuilt XRC 8k winch with free cover today at the Jeep and Truck Fest for the same $269.00 that the Harbor freight one was going to be. That was a simple solution and for the exact same price!!!!:)

Since I was there I also picked up front and rear bumpers, sliders with side step as well......:D
Vendor? That's an awesome deal.

·
Banned
15,358 Posts
a production plant in Saltillo, Mexico.

above is copied from the "about" link.

I have installed several warn winches on Polaris side by sides that said made in China great big on the box.
Warn operates over 400,000 square feet in two Oregon manufacturing facilities and a technical facility in Livonia, Michigan.

also copied from the "about" link

·
Registered
15 Posts
a production plant in Saltillo, Mexico.

above is copied from the "about" link.

I have installed several warn winches on Polaris side by sides that said made in China great big on the box.
Just to set a few things straight:

We no longer have the production plant in Mexico; we stopped using it about a year and a half ago. We need to update that.

As far as the Polaris thing, Polaris has its own line of winches that are made in China. These are not WARN winches. We do, however, supply WARN winches to Polaris as an accessory, but they'll have a WARN logo on them, and will have our red hook strap. The Polaris winches will usually come with an orange strap.

- Andy

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Just to set a few things straight:

We no longer have the production plant in Mexico; we stopped using it about a year and a half ago. We need to update that.

As far as the Polaris thing, Polaris has its own line of winches that are made in China. These are not WARN winches. We do, however, supply WARN winches to Polaris as an accessory, but they'll have a WARN logo on them, and will have our red hook strap. The Polaris winches will usually come with an orange strap.

- Andy
So which of your winches are made in the USA? Or which are not?

21 - 40 of 194 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.