Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few detail shots of Troys new comp machine.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
810 Posts
it seems like they do nice work but please tell me that those aren't AL control arms

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Nothing wrong with the arms if its 7071 1 3/4" solid! Especially with a 2800 lb. rig.;)

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok Rusty, lets see what you been working on! Too late for anybody to overreact :flipoff2:

·
Registered
17 Posts
AL 6061 T6
1.75" Solid Round = 1.75 lbs per foot
1.5" Solid Round = 1.5 lbs per foot

Mild Steel

1.75" x .25" = 4 lbs per foot
1.5" x .25" = 3.34 lbs per foot

Assuming you use 1.75" x .25" which is 4 lbs per foot (heaviest from the list above), and your arms are 48" long (16 lbs each), and you have 8 of them, that's 128 lbs, is that really too heavy? Also take into consideration that you can easily weld the mild steel out on the trail, I just don't see how it is worth it. Maybe it would be for the hard core competition only rig.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
fish said:
Thanks for the pics Spaceghost :cool:
So have you made any changes to the Cruiser ?
Yeah, I got rid of the jeep springs in the back. Changing the steering pump to a Howe with filter/reservoir:D and new beads from Frankie for those Krawlers that should be here any day now!

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
SpaceGhost said:
Yeah, I got rid of the jeep springs in the back. Changing the steering pump to a Howe with filter/reservoir:D and new beads from Frankie for those Krawlers that should be here any day now!
hehehehehehe.......

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
woody said:

hehehehehehe.......
Forgot, I'm also adding a ToyBox, gear reduction from a mini truck. And you thought I was holding back, hehehehehe.

·
Registered
230 Posts
The prodical son has returned.......

Whats up man? Havent talked to you in a while, At least you have done some shit. I havent done anything other than fuck with the brake system on the fj40, focking winter. My fj60 hasnt been run since october. I think she is planning a murder/suicide on the fj80. Been feindin for some wheelin (other than driving to work)
Later,
Ricko.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
SpaceGhost said:
Forgot, I'm also adding a ToyBox, gear reduction from a mini truck. And you thought I was holding back, hehehehehe.
hehehehehehe.... <lips-are-sealed>

I think frankie and I are in the loop...

can't wait to see those new 20" chromie rims and labia pink paint job! lol

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
woody said:
They are 24" daytons, and the color was my sponsors decision. Victoria's Secrets, they are tough to deal with, so I finally succumbed to there wishes.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
woody said:

hehehehehehe.... <lips-are-sealed>

I think frankie and I are in the loop...

i would say that space ghost has the legends in the bag with the small changes he made:D

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
frankie finland said:
i would say that space ghost has the legends in the bag with the small changes he made:D
I can't make it this year Frankie, I'll be spectating. Or cleaning up after Shupe and the Hooters gurls. Now be quiet :flipoff2:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts