Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
looks good, but am i the only one that thinks that cage could use some cross bracing?? i mean what is to prevent it from pushing over on a side roll?

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Troy and the boys sure have come a long way from the days of welding two Suzuki coil springs together to make one long one, huh?

cmk

·
Registered
7,719 Posts
gunracer1 said:
looks good, but am i the only one that thinks that cage could use some cross bracing?? i mean what is to prevent it from pushing over on a side roll?
nothing, other that some easily bent tube

Looks faking awsome though

I want one

·
The Piratenite
30,419 Posts
Desert Jeepin said:

Wh'at up dude? You gotta talk about yourself in the 3rd person now???

Couldn't you have just said "Yeah, I got one too."?
camo 60 is a part. :rolleyes: i don't have one but the camo 60 does. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
11,072 Posts
Specs!

I think it looks a little tall. I like the lower stance of Go2Guys new volvo portal axled buggy.

I think that is the main design problem with suspensions for portals. It is really hard to get the height down to how low some of the new buggys sit ( less than 6' tall ) with as much ( sometimes 24" ) of clearance under the middle.

I can't wait to see Paule build a portal buggy :D

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Lance, I think that is Rick Garrett. I believe Joe sold the Suzuki to Gerry Lee I forget his last name. They all wheel together

·
Registered
509 Posts
350 Samurai said:

He bought both of them? :eek: He didn't mention anything about it. He had a big cab truck, with about a 150" wheelbase, with him that he was trying to sell.
Ok this is all second hand so take it however . The guy in the pic(RICK) driving Troys old rig originally bought SHAFFERS but didnt like the power, so he sold it or traded it to get Troys buggy of a guy from Ga. ( the guy who had the chain driven buggy at the last EROCC).

Not to sure were Mikes buggy is now but I sure will know at the first EROCC.

·
Registered
43 Posts
After looking at the pic of the interior, what if the orbital valve and/or hoses fail and spring a leak? Note that both are located below the steering column. Other than that, I like the rig. I wonder how little it weighs.............

1 - 20 of 29 Posts