Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Badlands UMC 2014 Ultra4 pics / videos / results

Post up what you have!

I hear we're still waiting on finishing results.

Awesome race. Tons of mud. Tons of carnage. So many people broke axle shafts and had ignition problems. There were only a few cars still running and with all 4 wheel still turning when we bailed out near the end.

An absolutely awesome race to watch.

Here's the pictures I took.
Badlands UMC 2014 Photos by knaffie | Photobucket

Here's all the video I took edited into one long video.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
yikes! that place looks trashed. I keep getting flood warnings about attica so I guess it's true. don't think I've ever seen the place that wet.

no thanks :eek:

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yeah, the rain was bad. Thunder, lightning, dropped from just under 100 to 70 in 5 minutes. It poured twice - once in the middle of the afternoon and once just before the race started.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
thought you might, but guess not (thought you mentioned you would like to at some point). I don't follow ultra4 at all so I don't know if it's invite or anyone can enter.

since trec is gone, not sure what we have here in the Midwest anymore. would be fun to do something like that once or twice.

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pretty sure your truck, trailer, and buggy was parked next to us. Buggy is NICE!
Thank you. It's a decent trail rig, but it's definitely no racecar. I only brought it down there so Rugged Radios could fix my intercom.

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thought you might, but guess not (thought you mentioned you would like to at some point). I don't follow ultra4 at all so I don't know if it's invite or anyone can enter.

since trec is gone, not sure what we have here in the Midwest anymore. would be fun to do something like that once or twice.
There are still a few options to race around here, but I'm not interested in racing my car anywhere. If Dave Cole's spec cars become available to the public, I would consider renting one at KOH, but that's it.

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
They're still figuring it out. I bet it's a big pain in the ass! I heard the transponders didn't work and I'm sure they had trouble keeping track of who was who with everybody's numbers being covered up with mud. I don't think Levi was ever leading, but it's almost impossible to tell Levi apart from Shannon when they are all the same color (just the Exhaust is different that I can tell). Rumor has it Shannon squeaked in one extra lap, which would put him in first. But he also took the bypass around one hill (the one he rolled on) all but twice I believe, so they have to sort out all those penalties. I wouldn't want to be in charge of figuring all that out!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Wow, thanks for posting the video. After seeing all that mud I'm pretty happy our Motor wasn't ready for the race!!

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Such a gnarly race! I raced one of Dave's Spec cars and it did good...pretty sure I was the last guy to finish. Lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts