Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 1246 Posts

·
The Piratenite
30,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to make sense of it all.

What is the main differences between the 2 ?

What class do they each run in score and bitd ?

Does the trophylite still have their own separate series ?

How many racers are showing up for each series ?

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Trying to make sense of it all.

What is the main differences between the 2 ? Pistol builds one, Foutz builds teh other

What class do they each run in score and bitd ? 7-2 SCORE 6000 Bitd

Does the trophylite still have their own separate series ? Yes

How many racers are showing up for each series ? Got No Factual Data Here
:grinpimp:

·
Premium Member
5,155 Posts
ECO trucks is what I call them because there are a few different model of the same thing. I like the Mason truck alot. I think they have a 7200 version 6Cyl, that is class champion in SCORE right now.

Whatcha up to Camo?

Make sure its a VVT 2.4 if you are going ecotec racing. Little bastards scream with a good tune.

I bet someone has a list of all the brands out there.

Zukizzy on the board mated a Marlin built 151 to a ecotec, and built a pretty cool truggy that would be a solid choice for a MiniTT. V drive to an offset Diamond axle. in expensive race prep, plenty fast, hella fun.

If I had the cash thats what I would go race.

·
Slingshot...Engaged
644 Posts
It seems to me that anybody can build a rig and run it in 7.2, or 6000 and as long as it conforms to spec for the class. However if you have an actual Trophylite and it's either new, or been upgraded to current specs, you can run in their series/pool/purse. For instance the purse is $6500 for the Mint this weekend, but you have to be running an actual Trophylite. You also, aparently, have to be running General Tires and KMC beadlocks among other things.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
BAJALITE will be on display at the mint 400 contingency tomorrow.,...if you know ANYTHING about quality you can tell the difference from 20 feet away.....and the bajalite outperforms all of the others as well.....no it doesnt have an ever diminishing purse to give away each race but the trophylite purse will go away like protruck and then you are stuck with junk and no class to race it in except AGAINST the bajalite.....

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
BAJALITE will be on display at the mint 400 contingency tomorrow.,...if you know ANYTHING about quality you can tell the difference from 20 feet away.....and the bajalite outperforms all of the others as well.....no it doesnt have an ever diminishing purse to give away each race but the trophylite purse will go away like protruck and then you are stuck with junk and no class to race it in except AGAINST the bajalite.....
:laughing:

How many Bajalites have sold and are out racing?

I thought there is close to 30 Trophylites out there. Maybe 20-25 are racing?

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
You ever hear of Jeepspeed? I hear it is budget friendly. :flipoff2:
Any limited class car is at least double the prep cost of a less limited car. Jeepspeed prep if you want to run in the front is not budget friendly at all.

:laughing:

How many Bajalites have sold and are out racing?
At the Baja 1000 in the Jeepspeed, Larry McRae and I passed both Trophy Lites near Peurtocitos at about RM 260ish while Ron Stoughbaugh had about an hour lead. Those Bajalite cars have to be fast cause we know Ron can't drive! :flipoff2:

·
Registered
566 Posts
7200 get expensive due to the 6 cyl. My buddies old truck had a $36,000 nascar busch series engine, but it was fast.

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
Any limited class car is at least double the prep cost of a less limited car. Jeepspeed prep if you want to run in the front is not budget friendly at all.

At the Baja 1000 in the Jeepspeed, Larry McRae and I passed both Trophy Lites near Peurtocitos at about RM 260ish while Ron Stoughbaugh had about an hour lead. Those Bajalite cars have to be fast cause we know Ron can't drive! :flipoff2:
At some point you probably passed Pistol too... just sayin :flipoff2: Long race wit a lot of variables to try and say who is faster.

·
Premium Member
5,155 Posts
I have not driven the eco truck platform, with an auto, so hard to say which is best, but I have driven an assortment of the Eco based Buggies with Medeola transaxles. The buggies seem to pull the trucks but I think it has a lot to do with the Auto. I always wondered if it was TC issue with the TL, and the 2.2 vs the 2.4. The race prep on the Transaxle was a little more then what I would want to deal with, and that was the biggest cost for that platform.

I would love to see how the ECOtec with a manual trans would do in a rear engine configuration like Izzy's with a truck body on it. Are all the trucks still auto?

·
Premium Member
16,327 Posts
Zukizzy on the board mated a Marlin built 151 to a ecotec, and built a pretty cool truggy that would be a solid choice for a MiniTT. V drive to an offset Diamond axle. in expensive race prep, plenty fast, hella fun.

If I had the cash thats what I would go race.
dont be givin fabbarn secrets away. there was a lot of potential there.

3068 with the beam was fast, sad i didnt get to see it run with the a-arms.

·
Registered
6,420 Posts
Yeah Jeff, Knox said over in another thread that the AUTO sucks power, and Pistols agreed. But the auto was more user friendly for Pistols rental program.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=965194

I like where Knox/Izzy/Dunntech are going with the mini-truggy Eco platform. And really helps knock down that prep-cost once you ditch the Mendi.

The sound of a Landshark-Lite has mucho appeal in my mind. :smokin:

1 - 20 of 1246 Posts